Williams

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Williams

Post by Nezza Faz »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:13 pm One possible factor in George deciding to go could be that Canberra fans tend to support their players? Just wondering.

Fair point, mpe, well made ! Not just Canberra fans, either.

No doubt get knocked back. :?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

There is supporting a player and there is a player who just isn’t up to it. Why applaud sub standardness?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I thought Budgie, Lockers, Clubb, Hamlin, Sarge and Tommy we’re off contract,
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:43 pm There is supporting a player and there is a player who just isn’t up to it. Why applaud sub standardness?

Granted, but if Williams is so bad why are a top NRL side paying £4/500,000 to sign him?

Matt
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It’s up to them why. It’s fashionable to have English at the moment and as mentioned he isn’t the best English half!

If he goes to the NRL and is a success, great.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:13 pm One possible factor in George deciding to go could be that Canberra fans tend to support their players? Just wondering.
His performances warrant concern from the fans.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Lam has come out and said George is distracted by the move to Canberra rumours, should he be dropped then? Shoot me down but for me if he can’t focus on his role at Wigan he shouldn’t play. Give one of the young lads a run who are eager to play and impress
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I can’t understand how form would be interrupted when stuff like this happens. Surly the opposite would happen and performance improves. The only reason I’d see a downturn in form is if you want a promotion or change in job, and you don’t get it, you will be upset by some accounts. I just can’t understand why he can’t play basic rugby at times

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote:One possible factor in George deciding to go could be that Canberra fans tend to support their players? Just wondering.
Yeah right, he’s going to up sticks and move to the other side of the world because he gets a bit of stick.

I’d be emigrating to Mars if I was that soft. Shit happens. Careers aren’t a bed of roses whatever job you have.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ancientnloyal wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 pm I can’t understand how form would be interrupted when stuff like this happens. Surly the opposite would happen and performance improves. The only reason I’d see a downturn in form is if you want a promotion or change in job, and you don’t get it, you will be upset by some accounts. I just can’t understand why he can’t play basic rugby at times
Well hasnt the fee required done this currently. He wants to go the club put a fee on it the NRL backed off.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.