Hamlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
acwrlfc

Hamlin

Post by acwrlfc »

Loads of effort but how many basic errors does he have in his game, He was quite simply appalling tonight.
EagleEyePie

Re: Hamlin

Post by EagleEyePie »

Had an absolute shocker tonight. Crucial errors, at fault for tries, all over the place defensively. His worst game since he arrived.

However, he's been one of our best players so far this year. One of the few to play well in the absolute garbage we've produced over the last few weeks. I'd be pointing the finger more at the players who continually play poorly week after week.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Not a huge fan of his,he does give it his all but I don’t know not for me,though I know I’m a minority of course
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

No totally agree effort is a definite never in question BUT for me not big enough poor ball handling amd because of his size defensive issues
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Was going to post something similar about effort v errors for Hamlin. For the game he was on minus points with regards that for me.

He was at fault when Ben Currie romped through a huge gap and was only stopped by the brilliant Hardaker tackle

What was noticeable was how pathetic our two first choice props where.

Totally and utterly non-existent. Tony Clubb is for me another Harvey one-yard Howard and Naverette is just shockingly poor. Was obvious that we improved defensively as soon as those were dragged off in quick succession in the first half. Neither offered a single redeeming effort when they returned either

We needs props!!!!
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Navaertte needs moving on, he simply isn't good enough, where that burst of form came from last season I just dont know as he's now worse than when he joined in 2017 and he was shockingly bad then, Clubb is coming to the end though as has been said the club need props.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Not just props were short off. Take Greenwood out of the backrow and what are we left with. Lockers who needs to retire, Isa, Farrell and Hamlin are not big enough.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

As mentioned already, he has a big heart but that isn't enough. He lacks size power and skill, nowhere near good enough along with several others.
DaveyGolb

Post by DaveyGolb »

The Eclipse wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:41 am As mentioned already, he has a big heart but that isn't enough. He lacks size power and skill, nowhere near good enough along with several others.

And then you look at Bateman at the start of this season at the Raiders - Big lad now and more than holding his own