relegation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevo38

relegation

Post by stevo38 »

without doubt thats what we are fighting to avoid this yr theres no silverware coming and definatley no grand final .there are no easy points coming our way
southportcdm

Re: relegation

Post by southportcdm »

Much improved in terms of effort but I thought Warrington let us off the hook at times. The thing we really can't afford in our position is to lose fit players to because of suspensions. If we lose Greenwood now we'll be really thin in the back row for the Salford game. The most annoying thing about last night is that we would have beaten both London and Hull if we'd shown the effort against them that we put in last night. A loss against Salford (likely?) would really put the pressure on for our next home game against les cats.
pedro

Post by pedro »

we showed effort but nothing much else. We will win nothing and very little games with just effort. The defence is still everywhere and the attack is still garbage
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

You’d think that we should be too good for relegation but I think if we fail to beat Salford the chances of a top end finish are beyond us.

Only hope would be the Challenge Cup
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:47 am You’d think that we should be too good for relegation but I think if we fail to beat Salford the chances of a top end finish are beyond us.

Only hope would be the Challenge Cup
Challenge Cup is the one I'm hoping for this term, Don't think the GF was ever in our grasp for 2019
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No club can ever be to good for relegation,will Wigan be relegated noI don’t think so but could easily be sucked into a battle if points are t picked up sooner rather than later
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What another doom & gloom ridiculous post! IMO

We’ve played FIVE games FFS!!

Give the team & coach a bloody break!

If we channeled all the power created from all the typing from keyboard warriors, not just on here but all forums FB & Twitter from all the fans posts, all the moans & groans, we would have enough to power the National Grid until next season!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm What another doom & gloom ridiculous post! IMO

If we channeled all the power created from all the typing from keyboard warriors, not just on here but all forums FB & Twitter from all the fans posts, all the moans & groans, we would have enough to power the National Grid until next season!
hardly a doom a gloom post josie its bare facts this has been coming over last few seasons im entitled to my point of view and thats how i see it im afraid
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm What another doom & gloom ridiculous post! IMO

Well said Josie.

I'm not to impressed with the recent performances but I don't think we can talk about relegation after 6 games.

Its like all the posters sat at home last night posting how crap we are whilst watching on TV. I always say if you can't support your team, don't call them when they don't perform.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Well said Josie.

I'm not to impressed with the recent performances but I don't think we can talk about relegation after 6 games.

Its like all the posters sat at home last night posting how crap we are whilst watching on TV. I always say if you can't support your team, don't call them when they don't perform.
I go to all home & away games & follow the Academy & Womens teams, so I think I’m entitled to an opinion when, like you say half who moan & complain don’t go & support the team but sit cosy at home just to moan & give grief.

I try not to be too hypocritical, especially at the moment cos the whole team is being asked to play a completely different style of rugby league, it’s going to take time for it to work surely people can see that?

You’re not telling me the players are happy with their performances? They’re gutted!

No sports person likes to lose, it must be soul destroying when it happens regularly. Once they get the win, their confidence will lift, I’m sure of it then all the glory hunters will be back 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan