relegation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bertina

Re: relegation

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm What another doom & gloom ridiculous post! IMO

We’ve played FIVE games FFS!!

Give the team & coach a bloody break!

If we channeled all the power created from all the typing from keyboard warriors, not just on here but all forums FB & Twitter from all the fans posts, all the moans & groans, we would have enough to power the National Grid until next season!
Well said Josie. True, it’s not great at the moment, but there were some promising signs last night. We got a pasting off the ref and we were were still in it until the end. I can’t believe some posters on here, relegation after 5 games, sack Lam, Edwards isnt coming, get a frigging life people.!!!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

According to you Josie every post that critises the team is doom and gloom, get the facts right they are very poor and deserve criticism.IL will carry on in his penny pinching ways unless people say it as it is
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:55 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:41 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm What another doom & gloom ridiculous post! IMO

We’ve played FIVE games FFS!!

Give the team & coach a bloody break!
Well said Josie.

I'm not to impressed with the recent performances but I don't think we can talk about relegation after 6 games.

Its like all the posters sat at home last night posting how crap we are whilst watching on TV. I always say if you can't support your team, don't call them when they don't perform.
I go to all home & away games & follow the Academy & Womens teams, so I think I’m entitled to an opinion when, like you say half who moan & complain don’t go & support the team but sit cosy at home just to moan & give grief.

I try not to be too hypocritical, especially at the moment cos the whole team is being asked to play a completely different style of rugby league, it’s going to take time for it to work surely people can see that?

You’re not telling me the players are happy with their performances? They’re gutted!

No sports person likes to lose, it must be soul destroying when it happens regularly. Once they get the win, their confidence will lift, I’m sure of it then all the glory hunters will be back 😂
You're not allowed to criticise poor displays if you don't go to every game home and away folks. You heard it here first.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

So putting up with mediocrity is ok then? By my reckoning if you need to go to every Wigan game to have a worthy opinion then we have less than 600 worthy opinions in a world of more than 1,000,000 supporters of our Club however minuscule their interest? Weird.

I can criticise and praise where needed. It’s healthy in debate.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It’s not debate though! 😡
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I have a season ticket, i go to every away game i can, i dont have a job that allows me the luxury of going to everything.

Weve had bad runs before over the past few years under Wane, you new you would get out if them and apart from the odd game where we got battered we where present in the matches and you saw week on week improvement.

This is different, we are poor and relying on induvidual efforts to stay in games. Im both Annoyed stressed and generally concerned we could end up bottom of the pile.. we have lost to both london and huddersfield with no sign of improvement. Vs wire we looked spirited nothing more the rugby was still bad.

Sky did mention something though at warry match about our second row that despite losing bateman we had Greenwood and Farrell (still arguably two of the best in SL) we didnt get battered by saints, we destroyed leeds, we gave a good account in tbe WCC but then lost both player and been appauling since.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:48 am It’s not debate though! 😡
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/debate

Depends on your interpretation of "debate"
An argument about a particular subject, especially one in which many people are involved.
I would offer some advice. Don't read the thread if it offends or upsets you

If you don't want to read a thread because you don't like what is being said without being able to impart your own perspective or slant - just saying you are a "proper supporter" because etc etc etc then you lose any debate instantly.

Accept that people have the right (at the moment) to have differing opinions and are allowed (at the moment) to express them.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Why did my post get deleted?
Was it maybe because I disagreed with Josie? :o :lol:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:16 am I have a season ticket, i go to every away game i can, i dont have a job that allows me the luxury of going to everything.

Weve had bad runs before over the past few years under Wane, you new you would get out if them and apart from the odd game where we got battered we where present in the matches and you saw week on week improvement.

This is different, we are poor and relying on induvidual efforts to stay in games. Im both Annoyed stressed and generally concerned we could end up bottom of the pile.. we have lost to both london and huddersfield with no sign of improvement. Vs wire we looked spirited nothing more the rugby was still bad.

Sky did mention something though at warry match about our second row that despite losing bateman we had Greenwood and Farrell (still arguably two of the best in SL) we didnt get battered by saints, we destroyed leeds, we gave a good account in tbe WCC but then lost both player and been appauling since.
Farrell is not one of the best second rowers in Super League and hasn't been for at least 3 years. Poor form and poor injury records.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think the worry is this year its hard to see were the upturn in form will come from.

Thing is i watch a few games over the weekend and everyteam that played i found myself thinking "id have him at wigan" when you cut your quality eventually it comes to bite you and for us that may be this season.

As has been said our recruitment policy is beyond a joke and there is too much deadwood in our side, Shorrocks and Sammut are mutually exclusive players to have, if Shorrocks isnt a better option than Sammut by now he never will be and should go, likewise if he is Sammut isnt needed

I dont expect Wigan to have all the best players but look at Hull KR, Garbutt, Keinhorst both would improve Wigans team and both would of been cheap. People said Drinkwater wanted too much money but he ended up at KR so he obviously could have been bargained down even if his initial requests were silly

My fear is that we gave the best we had against Wire and we werent even close
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure