Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Post by Firestarter »

I get the feeling SW will be wigan coach again next season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Can’t believe what I’ve read about Edwards on sky sports. What a joke!!
Announcing someone with no contract signed.
Never been for one saying IL and KR out but I am now, making this club into a laughing stock.
IL KR OUT!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Time for Radlinski to go he runs the ship for IL. What a shambles this club is becoming what with the salary cap and other things players getting contracts not justified time to go Radders.
Last edited by jaws1 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Absolutely unbelievable.

Why on earth hold a press conference to announce the signing of a coach who you haven't actually signed?

Shocking.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wintergreen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:50 pm Absolutely unbelievable.

Why on earth hold a press conference to announce the signing of a coach who you haven't actually signed?

Shocking.
To me the bigger question has always been why on earth would a club as big Wigan be forced to wait for 18 months?

It was then and remains a ridiculous decision all the rest of it is neither here nor there,Wigan are supposedly the biggest club in the world ao why the hell should Wigan wait?

I don’t care who is he,if the person you approach can’t take the reins in a reasonable timeframe then move on to the next name
Mary from Wigan

Post by Mary from Wigan »

For the last 70 years I have been a very proud supporter of Wigan Warriors, but today I am ashamed of the way the club have treated our great supporters and especially Shaun Edwards.
Mr Lenigan hang your head in shame. I am absolutely disgusted and feel at the moment I don’t want to go on supporting the club. I won’t be renewing my season ticket unless this is sorted and a massive apology to Shaun.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Shaun Edwards speaking about his Wigan contract.
"But then Wigan said, 'it's OK, we'll sign one later', and I thought that was unusual. And that was nine months ago." Wigan declined to comment at this stage.
This is the bit that I just cannot understand.

I don't know SE but I cannot believe he would say this publically if it wasn't true, and frankly if it IS true then IL has a lot of explaining to do.
DaveO

Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
Wintergreen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:50 pm Absolutely unbelievable.

Shocking.
To me the bigger question has always been why on earth would a club as big Wigan be forced to wait for 18 months?

It was then and remains a ridiculous decision all the rest of it is neither here nor there,Wigan are supposedly the biggest club in the world ao why the hell should Wigan wait?

I don’t care who is he,if the person you approach can’t take the reins in a reasonable timeframe then move on to the next name
I don’t know why you mention the wait. That is what Wigan decided to do. You might not agree with it but that really is not the issue here. The reasons for the wait were stated clearly at the time.

The issues here are of competence and integrity. Announcing a coach whom you either never intended to take up the post or have managed to lose because you were too dim witted enough to send a contact to is appalling. To suggest all this is neither here nor there is as astonishing as the situation we find ourselves in.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

What a joke this club has become.Every club in the world tried to emulate in the past.Now it's the laughing stock.Not able to sign half decent players and this cockup with Edwards.The loyal fans deserve better than this .IFl and Rads should make a statement on this but it would be sugar coated.Whats the odds on a low crowd for the next dw game
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Absolutely. Two different arguments.

We know nothing of the conditions over the original "appointment".

It may well have been that SE said "sorry I'm under contract to Wales" and put the phone down, only for IL to later phone back and say "how about in a years time?"

However, that is not the issue. Here is the issue

https://www.facebook.com/WiganWarriorsR ... 5340887239

As I said, IL has a lot of explaining to do.