Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Post by Caboosegg »

Mickw wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:16 am Interview with Edward's on talk sport in a minute.
Explosion of Anti IL and KR in 10 minutes.
If provides more info without having anything offical out from the club yet i can see it getting messy.

If the club have contacted him, it should be sorted either way and an offical statement released before this he said she said saga explodes again 😂
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Why do we need to talk about the legal aspect.It seems to me that Wigan Today should keep their noses out and just report the FACTS as they come to light.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Time to think..Jesus wept he’s had nine months,time to sack this off he’s bringing the club down to a laughing stock enough is enough.

He clearly doesn’t want to come and that’s fine but enough time to move on
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Edwards 'needs time to think' over his future with Wigan Warriors

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... 661198[/b]
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:55 am Time to think..Jesus wept he’s had nine months,time to sack this off he’s bringing the club down to a laughing stock enough is enough.

Did you delete my post? Because it seems as if you were replying to it!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:58 am
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:55 am Time to think..Jesus wept he’s had nine months,time to sack this off he’s bringing the club down to a laughing stock enough is enough.

Did you delete my post? Because it seems as if you were replying to it!
No Josie I think we posted at the same time,your post wasn’t there when I started to write my reply (can’t fathom out the new forum and putting links into posts yet)😃
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

To me thats pretty Damming on Edwards.

He obviously wants to stay in union after being involved the equivilent '5 challenge cup' games.

And needs time to think about a job he apparently always wanted to do.

i'm sorry but to me that just says SE doesnt give a toss about RL anymore

Yes IL and KS should have got a signed contract, but apparently a man who has built his reputation on his word is going back on it.

Its a shame because certain fans will stop attending over this and other will do nothing but blame the club who look like they are being sh#t on.
Last edited by Caboosegg on Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:57 am Shaun Edwards 'needs time to think' over his future with Wigan Warriors

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... 661198[/b]

I have always been a supporter of Shaun Edwards, but after the talk sport interview this now smacks of him using the "no contract signed" argument as a way out of taking the Wigan job.
It is blatantly obvious that an agreement had been reached, and that they have conversed regularly enough since the initial announcement, so for Shaun to go public with the "no contract signed" statement stinks in my opinion. Funny how after nine months he needs time to think, just after Wales win the grand slam, and all and sundry in the RU world are singing his praises.
Surely if he was having second thoughts it could have been sorted privately between him and IL, and not conducted in the press making the club look like a laughing stock. Shaun Edwards has to take the blame for that.
Of course contracts should have been signed at the outset, theres no doubt about that, but maybe IL took Shaun at his word, and that it seems was a mistake. But if that is the case, then I am afraid that Shaun Edwards does not come out of this as lily white as some on here would like to believe.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:27 am To me thats pretty Damming on Edwards.

He obviously want to stay in union after being involved the equivilent '5 challenge cup' games.

And needs time to think about a job he apparently always wanted to do.

i'm sorry but to me that just says SE doesnt give a toss about RL anymore

Yes IL and KS should have got a signed contract, but apparently a man who has built his reputation on his word is going back on it.

Its a shame because certain fans will stop attending over this and other will do nothing but blame the club who look like they are being sh#t on.
Exactly.!!!!
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I still think he will be at Wigan in 2020.

All the reports and interviews seem a bit for show and when he finally sits down with Lenagan they will come up with a deal and get the contract signed. He's given his word to Wigan and I think that's enough for Edwards but now he wants something in writing.

Well hopefully anyway.