Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors urged to bring Shaun Edwards saga "to a head quickly"

Wigan Warriors need to bring the Shaun Edwards saga to a head quickly as chances of him taking over next year recede. That is the view of Sky Sports pundit and Castleford's director of rugby Jon Wells.

Edwards has reportedly got an offer on the table from Wasps and Wales admit they will consider making him an offer if his talks with Wigan break down.

The Warriors have made no comment other than a short statement earlier this week to say they were seeking dialogue with him to discover his intentions.

"For me, it is looking less and less likely that Shaun Edwards will become a Wigan coach," Wells told Sky Sports. "Wigan need to bring it to a head and bring it to a head quickly."

Edwards was due to take over from Adrian Lam at the end of this season. He said after Wales' Six Nations title that he did not sign a contract with Wigan, and put himself firmly in the shop window.

"I'll go back to the announcement in August of last year and this has never sat well with me. Where does this leave Adrian Lam, what happens if Lam wins the double this year? How on earth do they usurp him to bring in Shaun Edwards?" said Wells.

"There is also a lot of speculation and that is dangerous territory - we look for facts and the fact is that there does not seem to be a signed contract in space. "If we are dealing in facts, the only fact is that if I was part of that Wigan Warriors outfit and we had a contract signed by Shaun Edwards, then I would be making sure people knew about it. "I can only deduct that there isn't a contract signed."

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9666124
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

If you think about it, whoever deals with contracts & signatures, and has failed in preparing & getting it signed for when the employment was due to commence, has made the gravest of errors!

In reality, if it happened in any other business or company, that person would lose their job.

The fans need to know what is happening & soon or else more & more fans will stop supporting our once great & illustious club ☹️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Excuse me while I puke up after the crap headline's " Wales throw's Edwards a lifeline " what total bollox, do they think that down north we a set of thick heads., its disgraceful we should rename Edwards JUDAS . So much for the loyalty bit and I cannot wait to coach Wigan. If I was him I would stay a long time in Wales as Wigan fans have long memories :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:14 am If you think about it, whoever deals with contracts & signatures, and has failed in preparing & getting it signed for when the employment was due to commence, has made the gravest of errors!

In reality, if it happened in any other business or company, that person would lose their job.

The fans need to know what is happening & soon or else more & more fans will stop supporting our once great & illustious club ☹️
That is either KR (and indirectly IL) or directly IL.

For such a significant signing I would argue that is IL.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Do you think if the Doc bought us there would be a sufficientl increase in the quality of players brought in.Maybe that's why Wane got out did he try to sign decent players but was stopped so he left?
TWO EYED WARRIOR

Post by TWO EYED WARRIOR »

If true, this is an absolute clusterf**k of an episode.

Did Theresa May do the negotiations on behalf of Wigan ?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

pearsy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:44 am Do you think if the Doc bought us there would be a sufficientl increase in the quality of players brought in.Maybe that's why Wane got out did he try to sign decent players but was stopped so he left?
No i don't, the Doc made loans to salford at the time (hes canceled them now) hes also impatient and doesnt seem focused.
He would of sacked SW last year
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

And still it drags on
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Under Whelans ownership, didn't we lose Jason Robinson, Andy Farrell, Chris Ashton, Luke Robinson, Shaun Briscoe, Kevin Brown etc and had four players taking over 50% of the salary cap whilst young first team players were getting paid less than they could have got stacking shelves in Asda?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:37 am
Wintergreen wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:03 am
No straw damn us wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:47 pm Let' s make it easy.
Have Wigan been more successful under Whelan or Lenagan?
Financially or trophy wise.

DaveO?
That's too simplistic. You also need to bear in mind the standard of SL now compared to what it was under DW.
No you don't, you can only play whats in front of you. And i dont agree with this constant the standards have declined. The game has changed it is more defense based with large fit players.

The era of amazing attack is gone as this required weak defense and tired teams.

Although with how we play at the moment other teams get to see what it was like.
Well if you dont think standards have declined im afraid you cant have watched that much RL,