O’Loughlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: O’Loughlin

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I would like us to get this guy - Josh Jones.

[urlhttps://www.superleague.co.uk/player/139/josh%3Cbr-%3Ejones][/url]
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:57 pm I would like us to get this guy - Josh Jones.

Im with you on that SEFC ....... very underrated and versatile player who plays well above his weight.....i was suprised when saints let him go...... would be a nice addition at this stage ov the season and, at 25 has plenty time to get even better....... he does seem like a natural leader with his presence on field
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Lots of people saying we need to make Zak a leader or what about Faz when he is back.

I am of the opinion that leaders are going to lead regardless of whether they are captain or in the leadership team.

Some will lead by example in the way they train or look after their bodies or are do lots of good charitable work for the community. Those who will lead on the pitch will just be natural leaders with solid rugby league brains. Sometimes positions dictate this but from my experience leaders are going to lead.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Thats the thing with stats ;) He hasn't been exclusively used as a LF this season so far. He has been having to cover other positions. Also some of those stats are wrong. He tackles his nuts off and carried the ball in a lot but you can't stat his positional play etc. Next time you watch Hull KR keep an eye on him.

Also i mentioned on the other board about Josh Jones, I spoke to him in a bar when he signed for Salford and said we could have done with him and he said he would never play for Wigan. He never divulged why though. Hopefully changes his mind because he is a classy strong player. I really rate him. I did when he was a youngster at Saints
shaunedwardsfanclub

Cherry_Warrior wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:01 pm Thats the thing with stats ;) He hasn't been exclusively used as a LF this season so far. He has been having to cover other positions. Also some of those stats are wrong. He tackles his nuts off and carried the ball in a lot but you can't stat his positional play etc. Next time you watch Hull KR keep an eye on him.

Also i mentioned on the other board about Josh Jones, I spoke to him in a bar when he signed for Salford and said we could have done with him and he said he would never play for Wigan. He never divulged why though. Hopefully changes his mind because he is a classy strong player. I really rate him. I did when he was a youngster at Saints
Thanks Cherry, I will take note next time HKR appear on the TV.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Firestarter wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:51 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:57 pm I would like us to get this guy - Josh Jones.

Im with you on that SEFC ....... very underrated and versatile player who plays well above his weight.....i was suprised when saints let him go...... would be a nice addition at this stage ov the season and, at 25 has plenty time to get even better....... he does seem like a natural leader with his presence on field
He's a big lad at 113kg.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:55 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:51 pm

He's a big lad at 113kg.
didnt think he was that big , although he has bulked up last few years
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE