Morgan Escare, No.6?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
boggart

Morgan Escare, No.6?

Post by boggart »

Could it be Morgan will step into George William's spot when he leaves for Oz?

Either way, he could do with a game or two.

Giving him the no.1 jersey, to keep him, perhaps, and then not playing him seems a bit Maurice Lindsay-ish to me.

Comments please.
First Try Tickle

Re: Morgan Escare, No.6?

Post by First Try Tickle »

Unfortunately for Escare there is no room for him. He's not going to play before Hardaker and now that Burgess and Manfredi are back he's well out of the reckoning,

He might be good going forward at hooker but I don't think his defence is good enough.

As for stand off, then we need a big signing if George leaves.

I can see him back in France next season, move Sam to 7 instead of Matty Smith.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

boggart wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 pm Could it be Morgan will step into George William's spot when he leaves for Oz?

Either way, he could do with a game or two.

Giving him the no.1 jersey, to keep him, perhaps, and then not playing him seems a bit Maurice Lindsay-ish to me.

Comments please.
How often has he played 6 before?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

He has been treated extremely badly and the club should do the decent thing. Either play him or let him go somewhere else to continue his career.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Rumours going around the ground Sunday that he been sacked but on Facebook he is pictured with fans .
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

I would play him on the bench to relieve Tommy at hooker although cannot fault the way that Shorrocks has stepped up in that position .Every body fit and Lam has a headache to pick from.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I think its beginning to dawn on most that there maybe isn't a place for him now at Wigan,not with any regularity anyway, Hardaker will always be number 1,not sure why other than through injury he'd get a game in the halves and Hooker? other than he's fast I don't see him there either, maybe it is time to say thanks and let him find a club, that or loan him out for a month or two and see if the team suffers more injuries, though hopefully that's the annual injury crisis out of the way nice and early.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No that would be a backward step. He was in the hospitality lounge on Sunday.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:41 pm Rumours going around the ground Sunday that he been sacked but on Facebook he is pictured with fans .
No he hasn’t but he is fed up of not being selected to play.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 pm I think its beginning to dawn on most that there maybe isn't a place for him now at Wigan,not with any regularity anyway, Hardaker will always be number 1,not sure why other than through injury he'd get a game in the halves and Hooker? other than he's fast I don't see him there either, maybe it is time to say thanks and let him find a club, that or loan him out for a month or two and see if the team suffers more injuries, though hopefully that's the annual injury crisis out of the way nice and early.
Every time Escare has come on the pitch the tempo has changed and we looked more dangerous.

I would personally move powell on and use Escare as sub hooker. Not because i dislike powell but if we are going to play a more attacking style Escare is the better attacking player.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.