Matty Peet

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
No straw damn us

Matty Peet

Post by No straw damn us »

Read in one of yesterdays RL papers that Matty Peet was returning to Wigan.

Any truth, April Fool?

If so where would that leave Mick Cassidy?
josie andrews

Re: Matty Peet

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:54 am Read in one of yesterdays RL papers that Matty Peet was returning to Wigan.

Any truth, April Fool?

I actually thought Mick Cassidy was the U19’s coach until I heard it was “Shane Eccles”!!

Maybe he is going to replace Steve McCormick?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:55 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:54 am Read in one of yesterdays RL papers that Matty Peet was returning to Wigan.

Any truth, April Fool?

I actually thought Mick Cassidy was the U19’s coach until I heard it was “Shane Eccles”!!

You and me both Josie,im sure I read when Cassidy came back it was to take over Matty’s role with the young uns
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Any truth, April Fool?

You and me both Josie,im sure I read when Cassidy came back it was to take over Matty’s role with the young uns
Matty moved up to be Head of Performance & Darrell Goulding was the U19’s coach along with Lockers. Then Matty left. And all of a sudden we have Darrell looking after the lads who are over Academy age, Transition Coach, Mick with Lockers as Assistant U19’s coaches to Academy Head Coach Shane Eccles!

Who is he & where is he from??
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:49 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Matty moved up to be Head of Performance & Darrell Goulding was the U19’s coach along with Lockers. Then Matty left. And all of a sudden we have Darrell looking after the lads who are over Academy age, Transition Coach, Mick with Lockers as Assistant U19’s coaches to Academy Head Coach Shane Eccles!

Who is he & where is he from??
Shane was at Wigan previously as the Community Rugby League Coach, since then he has coached both England and Widnes, if my memory serves me right! He is also very well educated both in sports science and as a teacher.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I know Shane was the community coach my last remark was tongue in cheek, sorry if it offended you 😊
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No it didn't Josie, I thought you were interested in knowing more about the guy.

It wasn't another April Fool was it? You are getting giddy now that we have won two on the bounce!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:25 pm No it didn't Josie, I thought you were interested in knowing more about the guy.

It wasn't another April Fool was it? You are getting giddy now that we have won two on the bounce!
Ha ha yeah I must be.
Shane sat with us at either a meeting or a dinner one year so I did know he was with the community coaching, was just surprised with all the moving people about this season 😊