Club Statement: Gabriel Hamlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Club Statement: Gabriel Hamlin

Post by Caboosegg »

Such a shame he was doing so well.
I wonder if its enhancing or just social snd if the later what crowd has he fallen in with.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

If the club doesn't isn't it time we do regular drug tests with a zero tolerance policy,at this time the club's a laughing stock just as we turn a corner we shoot ourselves in the Foot, I think it's the last we'll see of Hamlin which is a shame I liked his playing style but he'll surely be banned and he's out of contract at the end of the season
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Out of curiosity does his wage count on the cap still? As unless a club is found to be promoting the use its a bit harsh on them.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

He was making a good player with good prospects. I thought he may be a good replacement for Lockers, at loose forward when Lockers retires. Bloody pillock.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Release him now, No point in paying his wages if his contract is up at the end of the season, Use his money to bring in a half decent prop
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

If it’s performance enhancing then we do not have a duty of care in my opinion.

If it’s a substance like cocaine, I’m guessing the duty of care arise if mental health is cited as the reason.

Whether it’s the reason (as seems to be every case) or an excuse for stupidity, the club will support him either because of how much attention this area is getting and they will need to tread carefully.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jasonnlouise wrote:If the club doesn't isn't it time we do regular drug tests with a zero tolerance policy,at this time the club's a laughing stock just as we turn a corner we shoot ourselves in the Foot
I agree. The duty of care people go on about should start with regular in house testing.

The club likes to promote the concept of the Wigan way but we have had far too much off field strife for a few years now. Bateman, the Tomkins saga. We now have one player on a drink drive charge following on from Hardaker’s stupidity before the season and now Hamlin caught taking drugs.

Prevention is better than cure and regular testing would surely help. In any case I thought we were supposed to have high tech performance monitoring in place that included regular testing or has that gone now?

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:21 pm
jasonnlouise wrote:If the club doesn't isn't it time we do regular drug tests with a zero tolerance policy,at this time the club's a laughing stock just as we turn a corner we shoot ourselves in the Foot
I agree. The duty of care people go on about should start with regular in house testing.

The club likes to promote the concept of the Wigan way but we have had far too much off field strife for a few years now. Bateman, the Tomkins saga. We now have one player on a drink drive charge following on from Hardaker’s stupidity before the season and now Hamlin caught taking drugs.

Prevention is better than cure and regular testing would surely help. In any case I thought we were supposed to have high tech performance monitoring in place that included regular testing or has that gone now?
Have to agree with you better to test as a routine rather than keep being found out like this
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Regular testing is fine as far as it goes but I'd prefer they did it differently.
Instead of urine or blood test hair samples. Whatever has been used can stay in hair for around 6 months.
That is a very effective way of knowing if people have been using and for how long.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Will the club stand by him if he is found guilty of any wrongdoing as it is his would be the first time he has done anything of this nature?Double standards if they dont after signing and doing everything possible to look after Hardaker who is a serial offender.Lets wait and see.