T to leave

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby

Re: T to leave

Post by nathan_rugby »

yonmon wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:47 am Might get a reprieve now Hamlin has gone.Got the size yet curiously never quite does enough.Bateman on the other hand was the opposite,just shows you doesn't it?....size of the dog and all that, there's definitely something in that saying.
For someone with his size and athleticism and power he hasn’t been good enough. I don’t think we have played to his strengths but regardless he plays a bit soft really doesn’t he.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

01tentpeg wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:21 pmgood
+1.
I remember sitting in a bar in Arcachon waiting for a match v Giants, but cannot remember the year, when the commentators were talking about Wigans new signing for the following year.
They did not know who TT was which for me sums up the wastefulness of ever signing him. One outstanding game a year perhaps??
We lost that match v Giants as well.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

medlocke wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:06 pm Not worked out for him at Wigan and his leaving isn't really a surprise.
It will release a quota spot I'd imagine.
Does the quota still exist?, A few clubs seam to have a lot of overseas players
Work the south sea island EU loophole that Hull have used for years.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ian.birchall wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 am
01tentpeg wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:21 pmgood
+1.
I remember sitting in a bar in Arcachon waiting for a match v Giants, but cannot remember the year, when the commentators were talking about Wigans new signing for the following year.
They did not know who TT was which for me sums up the wastefulness of ever signing him. One outstanding game a year perhaps??
We lost that match v Giants as well.
That just highlights the quality of the commentators as he was signed from Wakefield.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

T did one terrific bust last night against Castleford, scattering defenders and making good yards.......but that was it just the once!
We know he can do it so why do we not see it more often?.We really needed him last night due to our inexperienced pack.I thought all the young lads deserved credit last night against a very experienced Castleford pack and a ref who gave a couple of very dubious penalties which ended up as tries.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

yonmon wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:20 am T did one terrific bust last night against Castleford, scattering defenders and making good yards.......but that was it just the once!
We know he can do it so why do we not see it more often?.We really needed him last night due to our inexperienced pack.I thought all the young lads deserved credit last night against a very experienced Castleford pack and a ref who gave a couple of very dubious penalties which ended up as tries.
He did it as soon as he came on and I thought wow. Then didn’t seem to notice him after that. Sums up his time here tbh.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Yup I agree the burst was superb so why is t be doing it more often?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

A bit harsh on Tautai that IMO. He made that break, we got within 15 meters of the Cas line and Williams dropped the ball. We never touched it again for 17 minutes apart from having to drop out or kick off. That spell of defending,and I use the word loosely killed us energy wise especially with having only one fit player available on the subs bench.
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:26 pm A bit harsh on Tautai that IMO. He made that break, we got within 15 meters of the Cas line and Williams dropped the ball. We never touched it again for 17 minutes apart from having to drop out or kick off. That spell of defending,and I use the word loosely killed us energy wise especially with having only one fit player available on the subs bench.
Fair point that, hard to go forward when under so much pressure,we really do need him to start busting defences like we know he can sooner rather than later.........COME ON T SCATTER UM !!!