Some Wigan Warriors are playing for their futures, says Adrian Lam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Re: Some Wigan Warriors are playing for their futures, says Adrian Lam

Post by pearsy »

If they playing for there future not many want to stay y the look of things
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

pearsy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 am If they playing for there future not many want to stay y the look of things
Here we go again key board Warriors if you was at the match last night you will have seen the lads played their hearts out .
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

The problem is that if you put 17 out there from the forum, we'd all play our hearts out but we wouldn't be good enough. Most of our successful players from recent years - Williams, Burgess, Gildart even as far back as Sam, looked good enough from their very first game. I really don't see that with the young players coming in now.
Too many of our first team look like squad players - good enough to hang in there when they are surrounded by star players. Trouble is - apart from the left side, we don't have any star players just squad members or players coming to the end of their time through age, injury or both and young players who will probably end up somewhere else for the biggest part of their career.
I'm not sure I can see where we go from here this season, other than if we can somehow score more than the high number of tries we will concede through poor defence.
We need to be addressing next season now and that includes the coaching role.