Wish FM

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Wish FM

Post by Wiganer Ted »

With not being able to make many away games this season the radio has been there when the game isn't on SKY. After listening to last night's game on Wish I do have to say that it is a really enjoyable listen.
What we're hearing about the teams fortunes isn't too great at the moment but the combination of Joe Mills and "Bilko" is excellent.

Joe does do the odd blooper which isn't PC for family listening but it can be taken in context and shouldn't offend too much. Like his "Oh my God" when Wakey were scoring their last try before half time. Even given that it's a very enjoyable listen.
"Bilko" is a very essential part of the duo. Great summerising throughout the game and no comparison between him and players who often take to the mic. Given Bilko's ability with stats this comes through as great analysis when often he will say "that's not one set complete in the last four" or "were building pressure as were completing our sets".
His summerising after last night's game when suggesting big decisions off the field have to be taken with the coach for next year and quality signings to replace the players who have left and those will be leaving soon. Because he is a supporter and not a player Bilko can say these things and it is a true reflection of what us fans are thinking and saying. Great radio. Having once been involved in local radio I can assure you that they are not doing it for the money but their love of the game and Wigan Rugby League.

Great radio, thanks Joe and "Bilko" carry on the good work!
josie andrews

Re: Wish FM

Post by josie andrews »

I agree, I love listening to them.

Only reason I don’t listen to them during live games, which I will be at, is the two second delay in commentary, but thoroughly enjoy listening whilst watching the games back on Wigan TV 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I prefer bbc Manc
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:47 pm I prefer bbc Manc
Bad mistake. I have listened to Bilko ever since that famous game several years ago v Hull KR when being 20 points behind half way thru the first half he went to get a pie, changed his position on the terraces, we scored repeatedly and he stood rigidly to the same spot for fear of breaking the spell and I recognised a true supporter.
Apart from that he understands the ebb and flow of the game and whilst Mills is still promising us a win despite our position Bilko recognises a shambles when he sees one and isn't afraid to admit the game is gone.
His post match summary after the game last night as Ted reported summarised brilliantly where we were, why we were there and exactly where the team had to acquire high quality replacements next season to avoid going into a terminal decline.
A delight to listen to however bad we are.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I prefer bbc Manc
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
oval balls

Post by oval balls »

Love listening to them especially when they start having a go at opposing fans such as “the fishwife” at Hull kr or the interpretation of “gerrom onside “ in millsys version of a Yorkshire dialect
Frequently hear them saying oh shut up
Just like proper warriors fans and not afraid to criticise bad refereeing
Class act
wigans turning blue- my arse

Bilko

Post by Bilko »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:33 pm
Bad mistake. I have listened to Bilko ever since that famous game several years ago v Hull KR when being 20 points behind half way thru the first half he went to get a pie, changed his position on the terraces, we scored repeatedly and he stood rigidly to the same spot for fear of breaking the spell and I recognised a true supporter.
Apart from that he understands the ebb and flow of the game and whilst Mills is still promising us a win despite our position Bilko recognises a shambles when he sees one and isn't afraid to admit the game is gone.
His post match summary after the game last night as Ted reported summarised brilliantly where we were, why we were there and exactly where the team had to acquire high quality replacements next season to avoid going into a terminal decline.
Forgetting to mention in doing that I left my then girlfriend on her own. 😂 We did later get married so I think she understood.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I enjoyed the Danny Brough is 62 comment, Laughed me head off when it was said :lol:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Bilko wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:33 pm
Forgetting to mention in doing that I left my then girlfriend on her own. 😂 We did later get married so I think she understood.

And forgiving but be warned Bilko the forgiving gene wears out quickly, I learnt in our first year of marriage not only to do as I was told without argument but then refined it to doing what she was going to tell me before she felt the need to tell me and now 52 years later it has worked wonders for me.
On a personal note welcome back, you have been sadly missed the last couple of years
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 pm I enjoyed the Danny Brough is 62 comment, Laughed me head off when it was said :lol:
Me too, but the smile soon died on my face when Brough caught him up!