19-man squad vs Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: 19-man squad vs Wakefield

Post by moto748 »

I think the young forwards did OK really, Smithies and Paisley especially look very promising. But for them to stand any chance, they deserve a lot more from the established players that were on the pitch, and from Tommy, Powell, Sarge, TT, etc, we just don't get enough. All our opponents show zip from dummy half, where we are predictable and laboured. Most of our better moments came from Williams or Gildart creating something out of nothing. And of course, unforced errors and dumb penalties don't help.
josie andrews

Re: 19-man squad vs Wakefield

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors' Adrian Lam hits back at the "ridiculous" criticism from Wakefield's David Fifita and Chris Chester

Adrian Lam has responded to the "ridiculous" comments from Wakefield complaining about Wigan's tackling technique.

Coach Chris Chester accused his opponents of "naughty stuff" during Friday's 30-20 loss and the following day, prop David Fifita took to social media to call out the Warriors' "cheap s**t" which he claimed could be career-threatening.

Fifita highlighted his tweet with a video clip showing debutant Joe Shorrocks tackling him.

But the challenge was given a Grade A challenge by the RFL's match review panel, the lightest punishment, and he doesn't face any further action

Sam Powell has copped a two game ban for a dangerous tackle but Lam felt the reaction from Trinity was out of proportion.

"It was a little unfair I thought, looking back at the video," he said at today's press conference.

"There was not much to it at all. If that's what he thinks, fair enough.

"I'm not sure where that's come from - it's not something I coach and it's ridiculous in that sense. We'll move on - nothing will change the way we play."

Fifita, meanwhile, has today signed a new three-year deal with Wakefield.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9716207
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan