Wigan Form Rumour

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
tallis

Wigan Form Rumour

Post by tallis »

Before the Saints hiding the commentators, players and coach all said that we weren't far off getting a result. If this is not "far off" then i dread to think what the score would have been had we been miles away from form. We have a team of mediocre players now with the exception of a few. SOL and Tommy L cant play for ever and Williams cant do it on his own. Hope it gets sorted soon and IL gets his hand in his pocket. We are like a team full of players that are all on there way to Huddersfield and the like and that's not being disrespectful to those teams.
pedro

Re: Wigan Form Rumour

Post by pedro »

tallis wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:51 pm Before the Saints hiding the commentators, players and coach all said that we weren't far off getting a result. If this is not "far off" then i dread to think what the score would have been had we been miles away from form. We have a team of mediocre players now with the exception of a few. SOL and Tommy L cant play for ever and Williams cant do it on his own. Hope it gets sorted soon and IL gets his hand in his pocket. We are like a team full of players that are all on there way to Huddersfield and the like and that's not being disrespectful to those teams.
Tommy and SOL cant play now, they were both woeful today
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Sean will still end up in the SL Dream Team though
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

What is the rumour ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

tallis wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:51 pm Before the Saints hiding the commentators, players and coach all said that we weren't far off getting a result. If this is not "far off" then i dread to think what the score would have been had we been miles away from form. We have a team of mediocre players now with the exception of a few. SOL and Tommy L cant play for ever and Williams cant do it on his own. Hope it gets sorted soon and IL gets his hand in his pocket. We are like a team full of players that are all on there way to Huddersfield and the like and that's not being disrespectful to those teams.
I love this statement Williams cant do it on his own, he did nothing again tonight, marquis player, playmaker supposedly, he is no better than average .
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Williams is our biggest attacking threat. He puts opposition defences in doubt whether he will pass short or long but maybe he will kick. So many of our tries come from George and we would be at a massive loss if he wasn't out there.
I'll bet Canberra fans will appreciate him better than we do.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

old hooker wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:44 pm
I love this statement Williams cant do it on his own, he did nothing again tonight, marquis player, playmaker supposedly, he is no better than average .
Come on, if you know anything about rugby you know our forwards are poor. The best half backs in the world would struggle behind that 6.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

SEFC of course our forwards are poor but you saying the best half backs in the world would struggle behind them is wrong.Thurston played behind an average pack at the cowboys for years until they won a GF.Johns the same at Newcastle.Trent Barrett shone every week for Wigan and almost won MOS in an average Wigan side.Same for Brough who carried Huddersfield for years.A top class half back should make things happen on a regular basis but Williams can do it.
bertina

Post by bertina »

old hooker wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:25 am SEFC of course our forwards are poor but you saying the best half backs in the world would struggle behind them is wrong.Thurston played behind an average pack at the cowboys for years until they won a GF.Johns the same at Newcastle.Trent Barrett shone every week for Wigan and almost won MOS in an average Wigan side.Same for Brough who carried Huddersfield for years.A top class half back should make things happen on a regular basis but Williams can do it.
I agree. doesn't do nearly enough for me. I may be wrong, but I cannot see Williams holding down a regular first team in the NRL.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

bertina wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:02 am I may be wrong, but I cannot see Williams holding down a regular first team in the NRL.
Be interesting to see. Have to say, I thought the same about Sutton, but he's doing OK.