New Signings Are On The Way

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Re: New Signings Are On The Way

Post by Wes »

ddtftf wrote:Rumour Mike Mc Meeken off Castlford
Cracking player him and greenwood would be a great pairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The three forward rumours that seem good to me are Welch, Clark and McMeekin. They could transform our pack.
That would leave the club to resolve the half back situation with Williams leaving (again rumoured).
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

According to loverugbyleague we went in for Owen Farrell but couldnt afford his wage so switched to Hastings.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:According to loverugbyleague we went in for Owen Farrell but couldnt afford his wage so switched to Hastings.
Is that serious? With the marquee rule we can pay what we like in theory. If we made a serious inquiry about Farrell but expected to be able to match his wage I’d be astonished. IL is cost cutting not flinging the dosh.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:43 pm According to loverugbyleague we went in for Owen Farrell but couldnt afford his wage so switched to Hastings.
I read that too

He must be on silly money because it couldn't have been the salary cap that meant we couldn't recruit him
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Sorry but I buy the Owen Farrell story,in a year of cost cutting we are expected to believe Wigan could afford the wages he would be on?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm Sorry but I buy the Owen Farrell story,in a year of cost cutting we are expected to believe Wigan could afford the wages he would be on?
Im sorry but bar one comment made last year when we did lose alot of staff and players at the end of it. this cost cutting is just hearsay and opinion by fans!!

That isnt saying i believe the rumour though.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I’d rather have a proven league man pulling the strings and at the minute Hastings is the best on offer unless Cherry-Evans decides to be Cherry-White
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:According to loverugbyleague we went in for Owen Farrell but couldnt afford his wage so switched to Hastings.
Is that serious? With the marquee rule we can pay what we like in theory. If we made a serious inquiry about Farrell but expected to be able to match his wage I’d be astonished. IL is cost cutting not flinging the dosh.
I think he'd be free in salary cap terms wouldn't he. Is that non rl player dispensation still around?

But whether it makes financial sense to sign him is another matter. I would have gonr for it I'd it we're me, but it would have made more sense to link him up with Edwards that would have generated some serious column inches. Now that ship has sailed probably best to stay in the league talent pool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wes wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:31 pm
ddtftf wrote:Rumour Mike Mc Meeken off Castlford
Cracking player him and greenwood would be a great pairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He's a top player would love him at Wigan cant see Cas willing to give him up easily though
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure