Canberra keen to add fifth England star

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Canberra keen to add fifth England star

Post by josie andrews »

Canberra are looking to add a fifth England international to their squad and sign Wigan star George Williams from next NRL season.

The Raiders are negotiating a transfer fee with Wigan to the secure the halfback on a three-year deal.

Williams has played 10 internationals and 160 games for the Warriors, where he is contracted until the end of the 2021 Super League season.

Canberra (6-2) have been the surprise packet this season thanks to their quartet of English internationals; Josh Hodgson, Elliott Whitehead, John Bateman and Ryan Sutton.

Bateman was released with two years to run on his Wigan contract and he cost the Raiders $140,000 per remaining season to sign.

The addition of Williams, 24, means Raiders coach Ricky Stuart will have three first-grade halfbacks on his books, leaving the Englishman to jostle for the role with Sam Williams and Aidan Sezer.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14238
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Canberra keen to add fifth England star

Post by josie andrews »

We all know George is going to Canberra, but I just don't see the sense in it as Canberra already have plenty halfbacks so it would appear they want George just for the sake of having him IMO!

Bit like the Roosters with Budgie, get the player then not use him!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The article is rubbish as they clearly state they will have “3 first grade halfbacks” when in reality it will still be 2 plus Williams
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I must admit I don’t see him doing much over there,Bateman was always likely too and while Sutton is going well at the moment we shall in regards to him,Williams though I don’t know he goes missing far too often but we shall see how good he is when he’s not here I suppose
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:10 pm I must admit I don’t see him doing much over there,Bateman was always likely too and while Sutton is going well at the moment we shall in regards to him,Williams though I don’t know he goes missing far too often but we shall see how good he is when he’s not here I suppose
I dont think him going missing is his biggest issue i think its the defences over there are far better than here and quite often he has no idea what he is going to do before he does it. Over here you can get away with that but over there he is going to need to know what he plans to do with the ball before he gets it
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:32 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:10 pm I must admit I don’t see him doing much over there,Bateman was always likely too and while Sutton is going well at the moment we shall in regards to him,Williams though I don’t know he goes missing far too often but we shall see how good he is when he’s not here I suppose
I dont think him going missing is his biggest issue i think its the defences over there are far better than here and quite often he has no idea what he is going to do before he does it. Over here you can get away with that but over there he is going to need to know what he plans to do with the ball before he gets it
TBH I think almost th eexact opposite about George. IMO he knows exactly what he's going to do before he gets the ball and he just does it regardless of whether that's what's needed. I.e. he doesn't read the game well. I think he's improving with that this year though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

ancientnloyal wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:11 pm The article is rubbish as they clearly state they will have “3 first grade halfbacks” when in reality it will still be 2 plus Williams
Ooo bitch bitch.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

ancientnloyal wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:11 pm The article is rubbish as they clearly state they will have “3 first grade halfbacks” when in reality it will still be 2 plus Williams
They sold their best half to Warrington.
pedro

Post by pedro »

moto748 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:45 am
They sold their best half to Warrington.
he couldnt get in the team, was a bench player for the most of last year