Bent refs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Bent refs

Post by ian.birchall »

Not so much bent as outright dreadful. Remember I have been saying for 5 years that Hick is not fit to even be a linesman, now he isn't fit to be a video judge even.
So Davies, Kear, Noble, Jones- Buchanan and even Wilkin with his Stains bias all said it was a try, Wilkin even going so far to say he wasn't going to watch rugby league again if they disallow tries when the ball has been blasted out by the force of a tackle.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wilkin's comments were much more accurate and informative than Noble's today. The BBC should cut Robbie Paul and Noble.

Love your nickname for Leuluai, EW. It's much better than Lulu. We should all call him "Wee Tam".

Apart from the refereeing, we've had another good weekend of RL. Is it due to the rule changes (eg the pen to Wigan for Wire player moving off the mark & claiming a penalty) and speeded up action?

Whatever the reason, I for one think the overall entertainment value in SL is up this year.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm
EagleEyePie wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:33 pm The refs aren't bent. I'd argue this was a case of 'over-officiating'. The correct decision was obvious. Tommy wasn't trying to strip the ball, the ball came free because of his fantastic tackle and the fact that it touched his hands is incidental. He's clearly not playing for the ball. However, the they changed the interpretation of the knock on rule to prevent players from going into tackles with their arms wide to block a pass and get away with a knock on. To everyone it's clear to see how the scenarios differ except, it would seem, referees who end up removing common sense to scrutinise decisions to the Nth degree.

The decision to award Sarginson the try after a clear double movement was similarly baffling. Did Hicks realise his previous error and either deliberately or subconsciously even things up?
I’d agree with this,I grow weary of “ref is bent” argument, prove it don’t sit behind a keyboard ranting st the world it’s pathetic.

I do think they do over officiate and if they make an error instead of letting it go and live with they try to even it up but and as I’m typing this the non sarge try is on...is it a knock on..not for me but John kear says the word pedantic and he was right because Tommy does seem to glance at the ball..I certainly wouldn’t have given it that’s for sure but also can see (just about) why it was given
Hicks openly favours our opponents on a consistent basis, he found a reason however implausible to disallow sarges try then when he got publicly panned at ht he tried to make amends by allowing the double movement.
Appalling refereeing however you look at it.
Should be dropped to championship permanently.
He'll probably be an charge next week.
doc

Post by doc »

100% agree there was a double movement for Sarge's try. Definitely a case of trying to even things up after dropping a bollock in the first half. The problem is in the context of where the match is at the time as the two dodgy decisions don't necessarily cancel each other out
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mickw wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:23 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm
EagleEyePie wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:33 pm The refs aren't bent. I'd argue this was a case of 'over-officiating'. The correct decision was obvious. Tommy wasn't trying to strip the ball, the ball came free because of his fantastic tackle and the fact that it touched his hands is incidental. He's clearly not playing for the ball. However, the they changed the interpretation of the knock on rule to prevent players from going into tackles with their arms wide to block a pass and get away with a knock on. To everyone it's clear to see how the scenarios differ except, it would seem, referees who end up removing common sense to scrutinise decisions to the Nth degree.

The decision to award Sarginson the try after a clear double movement was similarly baffling. Did Hicks realise his previous error and either deliberately or subconsciously even things up?
I’d agree with this,I grow weary of “ref is bent” argument, prove it don’t sit behind a keyboard ranting st the world it’s pathetic.

I do think they do over officiate and if they make an error instead of letting it go and live with they try to even it up but and as I’m typing this the non sarge try is on...is it a knock on..not for me but John kear says the word pedantic and he was right because Tommy does seem to glance at the ball..I certainly wouldn’t have given it that’s for sure but also can see (just about) why it was given
Hicks openly favours our opponents on a consistent basis, he found a reason however implausible to disallow sarges try then when he got publicly panned at ht he tried to make amends by allowing the double movement.
Appalling refereeing however you look at it.
Should be dropped to championship permanently.
He'll probably be an charge next week.
Now that’s a different argument altogether is their competence
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Just watching the sarge try from the TL hit.

Hicks states multiple times theres nothing then goes back to his inital view and says no TL touched it second knock on.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Two wrongs don't make a right, Hicks has cocked up big time.

The rules state: A video referee may overturn the on-field decision of the officials if there is sufficient evidence to do so. If there isn’t sufficient evidence to overturn the decision, the on-field live call made by the match officials will be confirmed.

Get Hick's on the box and make him explain his decisions, he would have to be a politician to get out of this. I don't think he is bent but he is incapable of applying the rules or interpreting them correctly.

The officials are tainting our game.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Who's Hick's boss ?

And who's son has just been let go by Wigan as not good enough.

;)
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

The vendetta that has been evident all this season went to far yesterday with the sarge
try.
The navarrette penalty that won the game for wire wouldn't have been given at the other end simple as that.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Can someone explain "over officiate

The refs job is to ensure the rules of the game are enforced. So I agree with SE F. Hicks should explain what rule Tommy infringed. I doubt he can. I also agree with K R's comments. If your going to make a cock up do it on National TV. Why don't you. I for one will not watch another game he officiates in.