Disappointing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mjdodge13

Re: Disappointing

Post by mjdodge13 »

Anyone else think we desperately need a quality centre? Sarginson put in another poor performance, dropped the ball leading to a try and let Atkinson (3rd choice centre) skip past him for another. I actually like the effort he puts in, but that’s simply not enough at this level. Hardaker is still improving and put in a good performance at fullback..........his best position by a mile........on that topic, Tommy had a good game in his best position where I think he’ll stay for the rest of the season. Perhaps Escare coming on to hooker would have had an impact today?!
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Sarginson needs to be released not good enough never has been. How many games does he manage in a season anyway? And we need to see if Hankinson is any better if not we need to release them both. Similar with Shorrocks and Woods we need to make a decision on them as we cannot afford to keep both no matter what we are paying them. Massive improvement today will need same again in the next 2 weeks. If we perform like that suggest we keep Lam and get him a couple of props, centre and a second row, But Hastings is a must if we are to lose Williams.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

warriors01 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:06 pm Sarginson needs to be released not good enough never has been. How many games does he manage in a season anyway? And we need to see if Hankinson is any better if not we need to release them both. Similar with Shorrocks and Woods we need to make a decision on them as we cannot afford to keep both no matter what we are paying them. Massive improvement today will need same again in the next 2 weeks. If we perform like that suggest we keep Lam and get him a couple of props, centre and a second row, But Hastings is a must if we are to lose Williams.
If some of our other guys put as much effort in as Sarginson we would be in a better position. Now, I am not saying he is a top centre but unfortunately he is miles better than anyone in the squad bar Gildart. Our forwards played a lot better today but we desperately need to replace Clubb, Navarette, Tautai and Isa if we are to compete for trophies. Their yardage is very poor.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
pedro

Post by pedro »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:16 am
warriors01 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:06 pm Sarginson needs to be released not good enough never has been. How many games does he manage in a season anyway? And we need to see if Hankinson is any better if not we need to release them both. Similar with Shorrocks and Woods we need to make a decision on them as we cannot afford to keep both no matter what we are paying them. Massive improvement today will need same again in the next 2 weeks. If we perform like that suggest we keep Lam and get him a couple of props, centre and a second row, But Hastings is a must if we are to lose Williams.
If some of our other guys put as much effort in as Sarginson we would be in a better position. Now, I am not saying he is a top centre but unfortunately he is miles better than anyone in the squad bar Gildart. Our forwards played a lot better today but we desperately need to replace Clubb, Navarette, Tautai and Isa if we are to compete for trophies. Their yardage is very poor.
thats the issue
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I wouldnt sayi he is miles better, i think Hankinson offers more in some areas less in others but overall id still have hankinson there myself

Sarge is rubbish, again he is one of those players though who every 10 games will score a great try or two but be absolutely crap the rest of the time, why we didnt sign keinhorst is beyond me he may not be a world beater but he is a good solid centre.

I agree Sarge puts effort in but i reckon he runs more meters sideways than he does forward
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:41 am
I wouldnt sayi he is miles better, i think Hankinson offers more in some areas less in others but overall id still have hankinson there myself

Sarge is rubbish, again he is one of those players though who every 10 games will score a great try or two but be absolutely crap the rest of the time, why we didnt sign keinhorst is beyond me he may not be a world beater but he is a good solid centre.

I agree Sarge puts effort in but i reckon he runs more meters sideways than he does forward
It is worrying that IL/KR are trying to re-sign some of the out of contract players, Really praying Sarge isn't one of them :(
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Being saying Sarge is not good enough for years.Doint know why he got resigned after he went to Aus
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

That so called knock on for their first try wasn't a knock on at all.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:41 am

I have not seen anything in Hankinson that tells me he is SL class but I am willing to give him time.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Am I alone in not being ecstatic about the performance? This was as good as we have seen from Lam’s team, and it wasn’t nearly as good as it should have been. Sure, we came close, but it is yet another loss - we have lost every significant game this year. If, as seems likely, we lose Williams for at least a couple of months, we will be looking at this loss as the high point of the season by the time he is back.

I was staggered to hear Lam suggest we would be really good in another 6 weeks time. We have 5 games away from home in the meantime. With less structure and judging by our season as a whole, by the time we finally see the team play well the top 5 will be gone.

The players’ efforts cannot be faulted, but I have seen nothing at all from Lam to suggest we will have anything to play for by the time he thinks we might be playing well.