George Williams ???????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

George Williams ???????

Post by ddtftf »

I have to be honest here and say in a game when our forwards stood up to the opposition he was disappointing and completely outplayed by Tommy. In a game he should have taken control of and showed why he is supposed to be the best stand off in our game he was hardly involved & should have been the stand out player in such an important game to the fans.
jaws1

Re: George Williams ???????

Post by jaws1 »

I thought Blake Austin was poor yesterday after all the hype he has been given .
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jaws1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:49 am I thought Blake Austin was poor yesterday after all the hype he has been given .
I agree on this,I was looking forward to seeing him play but he just didn’t get involved at all
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Williams has a suspected broken wrist, going for x ray today.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I don't rate him as top class but I thought he did ok yesterday, seemed to put more into it for a change.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:42 am Williams has a suspected broken wrist, going for x ray today.
Yea he did look to be in a fair amount of pain yesterday towards the end of the game
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

jaws1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:49 am I thought Blake Austin was poor yesterday after all the hype he has been given .
Lockers watched Austin yesterday. Every time he received the ball he was in his face and banging him down.

I noticed after a few hits, Austin played the ball then patted lockers as a bit of gamesmanship.

I also think the same happened with Williams.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:42 am Williams has a suspected broken wrist, going for x ray today.
Yes, he told me that after the game that he would be going for a scan today. He's broken that wrist before & he always has it taped up for games.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

Williams marked Austin out of the game as thasts he preferred channel. Austin went missing after being cut in 2 from Tommy (cant blame him either)
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

If you listen to some, he won't be missed while he's off injured.
A good time to grasp the nettle for when he goes in my opinion and see what we will miss!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield