Mitch Clark

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Mitch Clark

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:20 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:43 pm He was at the stadium today 😊
Is his arrival imminent Josie?
Not sure to be honest, just know he was at the stadium today 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Post by Wes »

How can we double his wages when we are “cost cutting” ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wes wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:52 pm How can we double his wages when we are “cost cutting” ?

Hes not coming till next season, plenty of players gone by then id have thought, that and we dont know what he earns..could be on 150 a week at Cas for all we know
Wes

Post by Wes »

fozzieskem wrote:
Wes wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:52 pm How can we double his wages when we are “cost cutting” ?

Hes not coming till next season, plenty of players gone by then id have thought, that and we dont know what he earns..could be on 150 a week at Cas for all we know

Ahhhh so are we only cost cutting this season?

Do you really think he’s come from NZ to be on £150 per week? £300 per week if we have doubled his salary?

markill

Post by markill »

Wes wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:55 pm
fozzieskem wrote:

Do you really think he’s come from NZ to be on £150 per week? £300 per week if we have doubled his salary?
Take a look at his career rather than his nationality. Clark had 3 years in the Championship before Cas took a punt on him. I dont expect he was on a huge deal at Cas. He moved to them from Hull KR after stints at Bradford and Doncaster. Although, I also find the simplistic nature of 'doubling his wages' a little too convenient. I suspect we'll be paying him more than Cas were, as his value will have increased now he's proven at Super League level, but not 'double'. I worry about his engine as I've never seen him do big minutes, but I know Cas fans are sad to see him leave.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

fozzieskem wrote:

I just said I don’t know,I don’t pretend to know either but it’s releative he could be on naff all at Cas,a bowl of porridge and tea for all I know Wigan could offer him two bowls and his wage would be doubled.

I take all wage storylines with a large pinch of,well porridge in this case as we as fans simply don’t know what he’s earning,nor should we either
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

fozzieskem wrote:

When Wigan signed Willie Isa from Widnes we increased his wage too. The fact he was the lowest paid player on their books (FACT) means that it didn't have to be by much.

The season we signed Willie Isa, Wigan trimmed James Greenwood, Larne Patrick, Gil Dudson, Eddy Pettyborne and Logan Tomkins from their forward squad . We also lost Bowen and Joe Burgess and simply brought in Sam and Isa. That was cost cutting regardless of what we achieved that season.

Just because we have now been alleged by rival fans (who will have as much an idea as us at to what Mitch Clarke has been offered) Yet you'll take that as gospel that IL isn't cost cutting. Splash the transfer fee we get for Williams on players THEN we are not cost cutting.

BTW what happened to the money we got from Bateman?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:22 pm
fozzieskem wrote:

When Wigan signed Willie Isa from Widnes we increased his wage too. The fact he was the lowest paid player on their books (FACT) means that it didn't have to be by much.

The season we signed Willie Isa, Wigan trimmed James Greenwood, Larne Patrick, Gil Dudson, Eddy Pettyborne and Logan Tomkins from their forward squad . We also lost Bowen and Joe Burgess and simply brought in Sam and Isa. That was cost cutting regardless of what we achieved that season.

Just because we have now been alleged by rival fans (who will have as much an idea as us at to what Mitch Clarke has been offered) Yet you'll take that as gospel that IL isn't cost cutting. Splash the transfer fee we get for Williams on players THEN we are not cost cutting.

You seem happy to use leaving players to promite the cost cutting arguemebt but fail to mention all the improved contracts during this time to the likes of Williams- Marshall- Davis - Gildart.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:

Willie was also the lowest paid of our senior players.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
pedro

Post by pedro »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Willie was also the lowest paid of our senior players.
fact? post me some evidence