Ian Lenagan would 'love' joint-season tickets for Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Ian Lenagan would 'love' joint-season tickets for Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:19 pm Ian Lenagan believes Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic will work even closer together . . .

. . . “I think the antagonism is a thing of the past, and it’s more connected to the days where Wigan Athletic were in the lower reaches of the Football League and Wigan RLFC were in the higher reaches of rugby,” he said.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9552933
Could explain his thinking: it's better if we're on a par, so take us down to League 1 :D
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Re: Ian Lenagan would 'love' joint-season tickets for Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic

Post by Firestarter »

🎼ARE YOU WHELAN IN DISGUISE 🎼.......get real IL ...... wigan is a rugby town
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I have been a season ticket holder for well over 50 years and also followed latics home and away for many years I am a Wiganiner and want the town to win whatever the game I would buy a dual ticket and resent being called a mongrel. by muppets like you dont like it dont do it but dont degrade anyone who supports both
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Whilst there will be some mutual fans. I doubt there would be a significant take up of joint season tickets

Might as well take another home game to London and see if any Londoners fancy a season ticket
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I don’t think crowds would increase from people watching the other sports.

Watching Latics is a tragic event for me. So not interested in the click bait
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
pedro

Post by pedro »

Crowds will only increase when we get some stars on the pitch like has happened at Wire, the lack of quality to go and watch has hit the walk on fanbase
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Totally agree class players bring crowd and pay for themselves
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

I used to have season tickets for both. I finally gave up on the Latics because they were playing any night of the week and my job is not that flexible. The other issue was going to the stadium twice a week and sometimes on consecutive days. I would not be averse to a few special offers though, perhaps special rates for football to rugby fans and vice versa. What about targeting the few brief weeks when there is no football?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

pedro wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:57 am Crowds will only increase when we get some stars on the pitch like has happened at Wire, the lack of quality to go and watch has hit the walk on fanbase
Did bringing Tomkins back increase attendance? Wire fans arnt as negative as wigan fans
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 am
pedro wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:57 am Crowds will only increase when we get some stars on the pitch like has happened at Wire, the lack of quality to go and watch has hit the walk on fanbase
Did bringing Tomkins back increase attendance? Wire fans arnt as negative as wigan fans
Thats because this year is there year lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE