19-man vs Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-man vs Catalans

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam names 19-man squad to face Catalans Dragons in the Betfred Super League

Just one change as Morgan Escare replaces Jake Shorrocks

Catalans Dragons vs Wigan Warriors, Nou Camp, Barcelona, Saturday, K.O. 3:30pm BST

Wigan Warriors Head Coach Adrian Lam has named the 19-man squad to face Catalans Dragons on Saturday at the Nou Camp in the Betfred Super League (K.O. 3:30pm BST).

Adrian Lam’s men face the Dragons in the iconic FC Barcelona stadium on Saturday and expect a record crowd for a Betfred Super League game outside of a Grand Final.

Last time the two Clubs met, Wigan ran out comfortable winners at the DW Stadium back in March 42-0.

Injury news

This week Adrian Lam provided updates on two long term injuries, Jarrod Sammut (knee) and Liam Farrell (pectoral).

He said, “Liam Farrell will be available in the next three weeks, and Jarrod Sammut will be available in the next two weeks.”

Wigan Warriors 19-man squad to face Catalans Dragons

Joe Bullock, Joe Burgess, Tony Clubb, Morgan Escare, Ben Flower, Oliver Gildart, Joe Greenwood, Chris Hankinson, Zak Hardaker, Willie Isa, Tommy Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Romain Navarrete, Sean O’Loughlin, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Morgan Smithies, Taulima Tautai, George Williams.

Read more at https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... IhjcZqo.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: 19-man vs Catalans

Post by josie andrews »

No Tomkins for Catalans at the Nou Camp

Sam Tomkins has not been included in the Catalans squad to face former club Wigan.

The fullback suffered a back spasm during the club’s Challenge Cup victory over Doncaster last week and has seemingly not won his race against time to regain fitness.

Wigan have made one change to their squad, with Morgan Escare replacing Jake Shorrocks.

Dragons: Gigot, Mead, Wiliame, Tierney, Langi, Casty, McIlorum, Moa, Edwards, Garcia, Bird, Bousquet, Simon, Jullien, Whitley, Da Costa, Baitieri, Yaha, Kasiano

Warriors: Bullock, Burgess, Clubb, Escare, Flower, Gildart, Greenwood, Hankinson, Hardaker, Isa, Leuluai, Marshall, Navarrete, O’Loughlin, Powell, Sarginson, Smithies, Tautai, Williams.

http://www.totalrl.com/no-tomkins-for-c ... -nou-camp/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Lam seems like he lost faith in shorrocks and after, arguably, his best performance
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pemps

Post by pemps »

Firestarter wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:52 pm Lam seems like he lost faith in shorrocks and after, arguably, his best performance
Shorrocks has a shoulder injury.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:52 pm Lam seems like he lost faith in shorrocks and after, arguably, his best performance
Shorrocks had a shoulder injury
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Shorrocks seems to have had a shoulder injury but may still have it.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ancientnloyal wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 pm
cheers didnt know that
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I suspect that Lam will go with the same 17 as last week.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 pm I suspect that Lam will go with the same 17 as last week.
I think he should, that team was as close to the first team as he's had all season
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 pm
I've just said that 😂😂