Marshall try

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
endoman

Re: Marshall try

Post by endoman »

The fans were let down big time by the team today. Blinkers need to come off, that was awful. 6 Days is plenty recovery physiologically. We were simply sh*te today, no excuses.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

endoman wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:13 am The fans were let down big time by the team today. Blinkers need to come off, that was awful. 6 Days is plenty recovery physiologically. We were simply sh*te today, no excuses.
I agree, the problem is we have too many old men.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

josie andrews wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:11 pm Think last weeks game took more out of us than expected!
Another excuse for a poor display.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

old hooker wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:08 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:11 pm Think last weeks game took more out of us than expected!
Another excuse for a poor display.
Warrington have said the same after the loss to Hull FC
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:44 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:23 pm Great pass from Sarge who's had a solid game. So has Big Willie.
Isa?

Has he even had a run?
I made above comment in first half, but stats for whole game show Sarge was our top metre maker (though Hardaker is missing from list on SL site).

Overall he had 1 Assist, 21 Tackles, 5 Marker Tackles, 1 Miss, 7 Busts, 16 Carries for 108 Metres, and conceded 1 penalty.

Willie Isa made 41 Tackles, 7 Marker Tackles, 1 Miss and 50 Metres.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:42 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:23 pm Great pass from Sarge who's had a solid game. So has Big Willie.
Isa?

Has he even had a run?
I made above comment in first half, but stats for whole game show Sarge was our top metre maker (though Hardaker is missing from list on SL site).

Overall he had 1 Assist, 21 Tackles, 5 Marker Tackles, 1 Miss, 7 Busts, 16 Carries for 108 Metres, and conceded 1 penalty.

Great tackling stats from Isa but 50 meters the whole game. Absolutely diabolical. The only explanation, because he played a lot of minutes, is that he either had a lot of runs and made no meters or actively doesn’t want to take the ball up.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
morley pie eater

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:34 pm
Isa?

Has he even had a run?

Great tackling stats from Isa but 50 meters the whole game. Absolutely diabolical. The only explanation, because he played a lot of minutes, is that he either had a lot of runs and made no meters or actively doesn’t want to take the ball up.
True, but then again Budgie made 41 metres . . . and just 3 tackles!
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:35 pm

I do not think it is fair to compare a winger with a forward. Completely different positions and no conclusions can be drawn.

You couldn't really compare Budgie with Marshall as their defense stats are totally dependent on which side Catalans chose to attack and their meters stats could be greatly inflated by kick returns, again determined by Catalans.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
morley pie eater

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:50 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:35 pm

I do not think it is fair to compare a winger with a forward. Completely different positions and no conclusions can be drawn.

You couldn't really compare Budgie with Marshall as their defense stats are totally dependent on which side Catalans chose to attack and their meters stats could be greatly inflated by kick returns, again determined by Catalans.
It's dead simple for anybody determined to disagree on here - just pick out some detail and ignore the gist of what's being said.

During the first half, I said that I thought Isa was having a decent game.

A day or so later, after receiving the usual disparaging comments from people who decide which players they do or don't like before the match kicks off, I checked the stats and posted.

My point is that, though we all know that Willie is not another Hanley, his contribution to the team shouldn't be dismissed. I think 41 tackles backs up this view.

Quoting Burgess's stats in reply was a response to your attempt to minimise the 41 tackle effort by calling Big Willie's 50 metres "diabolical". If someone does 41 tackles in a game and nowt else, I think calling them diabolical is, err . . . diabolical?

If you want an example of a poor contribution worthy of critical comment, try someone who we rely on to make metres, yes a winger, who made only 41.

Q: Why pick on Isa?

A: Because you've decided in advance that he's on your hit list? As (for others) with Powell, Matty Smith, Dan Sarginson, George Williams etc etc etc.

It just baffles me that so many people claim to be "true fans" (I'm a season ticket holder, I go to more games than you, you're a troll because you support our players who I don't like) and spend so much time undermining the team.

Rant over. Have a nice day!
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Isa?

Has he even had a run?

I like Willie, he is a top guy and gives his all but he will never bust a tackle or make big metres, we cannot afford that.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards