Toronto Bound

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Toronto Bound

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:34 pm It’s as clear as the nose on my face Lam doesn’t rate Escare which is fine he’s entitled to his opinion it’s his job,he’s wasting his time and the clubs money if he’s not in the frame.

I won’t contradict myself as I’ve always a thought that Escare wasn’t a starter but coming off the bench offered that something different,devilment at times,pace at other times,and even just plain something different,but not a starter for me,nothing wrong with that either it’s an underused skill the “super sub”in rugby league.

But I do feel it’s time he moved on.
I'm thinking Burrow at the end of his career. Still had the pace. Always made an impact. I'd be more than happy to see Morgan in the halves and have either Powell or Leuluai spelled.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:56 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:34 pm I think nearly every wigan fan i spoke to , this weekend, thinks the same things whats wrong at our club....... everyone wants morgan in one way or another....... im gonna be pretty pissed if lammy picks the same team next week( injuries aside)......hopefully paisley, partington,morgan and smithies get a shout........ i think quite a few of our players are carrying knocks
Maybe he's being influenced to play the same players?
By whom and why?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:58 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:34 pm It’s as clear as the nose on my face Lam doesn’t rate Escare which is fine he’s entitled to his opinion it’s his job,he’s wasting his time and the clubs money if he’s not in the frame.

I won’t contradict myself as I’ve always a thought that Escare wasn’t a starter but coming off the bench offered that something different,devilment at times,pace at other times,and even just plain something different,but not a starter for me,nothing wrong with that either it’s an underused skill the “super sub”in rugby league.

But I do feel it’s time he moved on.
I'm thinking Burrow at the end of his career. Still had the pace. Always made an impact. I'd be more than happy to see Morgan in the halves and have either Powell or Leuluai spelled.
How many times has he played as a half in his career?

People need to stop obsessing with Rob Burrow and the way Leeds used to deploy him. Escare is not the same player. Give up on the pipe dream.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

This ridiculous notion of comparing Escare and Burrow is mind boggling..Burrows was a top class player even at the end, the only thing the two of them have in common is they're on the short side..I just can't see any other comparison
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:30 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:16 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:13 pm

I'll message him may not get a reply until they're back. I'll gutted if true, I like Morgan, gives 100% IMO
I'm getting to the point where I'm seriously considering if i want a ST next season. Lam admitted Escare is a fan favourite but then drops him regardless of how he plays. He's sticking with the same players as soon as they are fit even when not performing.

Im probably blowing hot air but this is a very frustrating year.
Me too! I'm sick of the same players playing crap & still making the team 😡
Head and nail come to mind Josie. I like the lad but it is no use to him or the club to have him sitting on the sidelines. He needs first team rugby and we need his cap money. Good luck to him. There seems to be a clique at Wigan and it needs dismantling. First through the exit should be Lam, we need a top coach who is ruthless and doesn’t have favourites.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

If Escare leaves can we have Gareth O'Brien? :lol:

Seriously with Tautai being told he is free to leave and if this is correct about Escare we are looking to potentially lose loads of players including those still contracted. Either we are on a massive recruitment drive or cost cutting drive

We shall see which way this is in the coming months
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I got told off someone in barce that we are having a massive clearout with at least10 new players coming in....... dont know the bloke from adam so could be BS
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm with nathan and fozzie on Escaré. And accommodating him in the side by shifting Hardaker from full-back, where although not pulling up any trees, he is performing solidly, which is in sharp contrast to most of the rest of the team; well, that's crazy talk in my view. And yeah, Rob Burrow was twice the player ME is.

And I've said it before and I'll, say it again, as far as 'Toronto bound' is concerned, the player we should have gone for is Ricky Leutele.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

moto748 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:01 pm I'm with nathan and fozzie on Escaré. And accommodating him in the side by shifting Hardaker from full-back, where although not pulling up any trees, he is performing solidly, which is in sharp contrast to most of the rest of the team; well, that's crazy talk in my view. And yeah, Rob Burrow was twice the player ME is.

And I've said it before and I'll, say it again, as far as 'Toronto bound' is concerned, the player we should have gone for is Ricky Leutele.
Now it is suggested that we are going to lose both Escare and Hardaker. Looks like we will see a completely remodelled team next season. I only hope that it is not a we are not looking through the bargin buckets for players or the gates will get even worse.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Levrier wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:15 pm
moto748 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:01 pm I'm with nathan and fozzie on Escaré. And accommodating him in the side by shifting Hardaker from full-back, where although not pulling up any trees, he is performing solidly, which is in sharp contrast to most of the rest of the team; well, that's crazy talk in my view. And yeah, Rob Burrow was twice the player ME is.

Now it is suggested that we are going to lose both Escare and Hardaker. Looks like we will see a completely remodelled team next season. I only hope that it is not a we are not looking through the bargin buckets for players or the gates will get even worse.
Yes I saw it suggested on the other site about Hardaker and a move back to Cas..if that’s what happens what has been the point of bringing him here?