Sarge

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Sarge

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:09 pm Why are we rewarding mediocrity and failure. Clubb and Lockers are spent and IFL would be well advised to spend their salaries on two new recruits.
Probably due to them being the leadership team and to calm the ship behind the scenes.

Lockers should move to a player coach contract though was it Sean Long on one at salford?
Why should he move to a player coach contract? His playing days look finished and as player coach his wages would still count on the cap. We also have no idea if he’d make a good coach and if he wants to go that route he needs to serve his apprenticeship with the junior teams. I’d certainly not want him involved with the first team coaching his mates. I also don’t like the jobs for the boys culture. Employ the best coaches not the ex player just because they are ex players.

As to Clubb and Lockers being kept on because they are part of the leadership team, seriously? I don’t see other clubs keeping players on who are past their best just because they talk the talk in the dressing room. If a players playing days are over the club needs to replace them simple as that. Under IL and Rads the club seems incapable of finding any decent replacements. Lockers will still be playing at 40 at this rate.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:53 am
Caboosegg wrote:
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:09 pm Why are we rewarding mediocrity and failure. Clubb and Lockers are spent and IFL would be well advised to spend their salaries on two new recruits.
Probably due to them being the leadership team and to calm the ship behind the scenes.

Lockers should move to a player coach contract though was it Sean Long on one at salford?
Why should he move to a player coach contract? His playing days look finished and as player coach his wages would still count on the cap. We also have no idea if he’d make a good coach and if he wants to go that route he needs to serve his apprenticeship with the junior teams. I’d certainly not want him involved with the first team coaching his mates. I also don’t like the jobs for the boys culture. Employ the best coaches not the ex player just because they are ex players.

As to Clubb and Lockers being kept on because they are part of the leadership team, seriously? I don’t see other clubs keeping players on who are past their best just because they talk the talk in the dressing room. If a players playing days are over the club needs to replace them simple as that. Under IL and Rads the club seems incapable of finding any decent replacements. Lockers will still be playing at 40 at this rate.
I thought lockers was already coaching the youth set up and isnt lee briers and assistant for warrington first team? Hes been pitch side every game since retiring anyway.

Not that im happy that we are in this situation but last week showed lockers usefulness we used him as a back up halfback.

The issue is we shouldnt be at a point where a loose forwards is playing halfback 🤣
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

As much as it pains me sometime very soon the nettle has to be grasped with Lockers,his form this season has been woeful,it’s always sad when great players near the end and I’ll say it again any true great knows when the game is up,I hope he doesn’t go on and tarnish his legacy at Wigan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Clubb stays and i go no sign of any future at Wigan never seen it this bad in 60 years , IL must be the worst chairman i have ever witnessed. He is like the tight gets who always go early to Tesco for the cheap knock downs or out of code food on the cheap shelf.

Its getting serious now, I have had 5 business including a factory with 75 employees so i am speaking from experience and this is worrying now and needs sorting asap. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ddtftf wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:26 pm Clubb stays and i go no sign of any future at Wigan never seen it this bad in 60 years , IL must be the worst chairman i have ever witnessed. He is like the tight gets who always go early to Tesco for the cheap knock downs or out of code food on the cheap shelf.

Its getting serious now, I have had 5 business including a factory with 75 employees so i am speaking from experience and this is worrying now and needs sorting asap. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
To play devils advocate i dont think IL has been bad all his time at Wigan, but i do think these last few years have seen his interest in the club falter
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ddtftf wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:26 pm Clubb stays and i go no sign of any future at Wigan never seen it this bad in 60 years , IL must be the worst chairman i have ever witnessed. He is like the tight gets who always go early to Tesco for the cheap knock downs or out of code food on the cheap shelf.

Your memory must be fading, never seen it so bad in 60 years?
Hornby, Hollingsworth, Brehney, Sivori, Ronnie the rocket Braithwaite, Walsh and Foster as halfbacks etc. etc.

Then what about Nathan McEvoy, Oliver Wilks, Liam Botham, Desi Williams, James Coyle, David Vaealiki, Denis Moran etc etc etc.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

No I dont think his memory is fading I to have watched wigan for around same period and totally agree with him the club is in freefall and has no structure and guidance even the period you talk about at least the backbone of the club was there and players tried they only lacked in skill not guts and willingness to play.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

We could mention our Welsh Captain RU signing who came out the minute he signed for RL and the other 37 year old Welsh forward who played 2 games and went plus the Leigh forward we signed who never played for us, he signed Sarge and Clubb because they were cheap from London Broncos , and Isa a bargain basement buy. and please do not say we won the Grand Final because we have now sold all the class we had in the team .
etc etc
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Be aware Dave Whelan sold all the class players Latics had and look where they are now. :roll: :roll: :roll:
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

As much as it irks me, Sarge for his utility value I can live with.

Never in a month of Sunday's should we even consider re-signing plodder Clubb and his slow me down skip.

Atkins.........ffs I love Wigan but this might be too much even for me.

I shake my head at all that is going on.

Matt