Toronto Bound

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Toronto Bound

Post by Caboosegg »

moto748 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:01 pm I'm with nathan and fozzie on Escaré. And accommodating him in the side by shifting Hardaker from full-back, where although not pulling up any trees, he is performing solidly, which is in sharp contrast to most of the rest of the team; well, that's crazy talk in my view. And yeah, Rob Burrow was twice the player ME is.

And I've said it before and I'll, say it again, as far as 'Toronto bound' is concerned, the player we should have gone for is Ricky Leutele.
Im sorry but accommodating Escare? Hardakers only bonus vs Escare so far has been defence in attack Escare causes so much more issues for the defence.

We moved Escare to accommodate Hardaker who was just given the go ahead without having to prove himself.

We did perfectly well with Escare at fullback while tomkins was injured.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes we did do OK with Escaré at full-back, but the team as a whole were playing a lot better then. Displacing Hardaker to throw him in at full-back in the current farrago seems quite another matter to me, and quite unwise.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:14 am
moto748 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:01 pm I'm with nathan and fozzie on Escaré. And accommodating him in the side by shifting Hardaker from full-back, where although not pulling up any trees, he is performing solidly, which is in sharp contrast to most of the rest of the team; well, that's crazy talk in my view. And yeah, Rob Burrow was twice the player ME is.

And I've said it before and I'll, say it again, as far as 'Toronto bound' is concerned, the player we should have gone for is Ricky Leutele.
Im sorry but accommodating Escare? Hardakers only bonus vs Escare so far has been defence in attack Escare causes so much more issues for the defence.

We moved Escare to accommodate Hardaker who was just given the go ahead without having to prove himself.

Ive not seen anything from Escare this year to say he causes problems in attack.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

pedro wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:02 am

Ive not seen anything from Escare this year to say he causes problems in attack.
Your choosing not to see it then, im not saying hes the best player in the world im saying hes been out best player in attack when playing.

We all know what Hardaker CAN do, he isnt doing it. Escare still looks lively and dangerous when he plays.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

moto748 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:40 am Yes we did do OK with Escaré at full-back, but the team as a whole were playing a lot better then. Displacing Hardaker to throw him in at full-back in the current farrago seems quite another matter to me, and quite unwise.
Agree, do you think he would have stopped Murdoch-Masila on Saturday? However I do think he should have played on the wing in place of Hankinson who twice got caught in the first half when he had god running chances.

As for some of the other comments, who do the posters think is telling Lam not to play Escare?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:15 am
moto748 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:40 am Yes we did do OK with Escaré at full-back, but the team as a whole were playing a lot better then. Displacing Hardaker to throw him in at full-back in the current farrago seems quite another matter to me, and quite unwise.
Agree, do you think he would have stopped Murdoch-Masila on Saturday? However I do think he should have played on the wing in place of Hankinson who twice got caught in the first half when he had god running chances.

As for some of the other comments, who do the posters think is telling Lam not to play Escare?
I think Lam is looking for any reason not to play him after the london game.

I got told im imagining things on hear but watching how gildart and williams interacted with him (or in this case fully ignored him) during a game makes me think hes annoyed the click that Lam will do anything to keep happy.

Regardless of if you like someone off the field you need to talk in game to play well together
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:15 am

My own opinion of the Lam/Escare affair is he just doesn’t rate him,he’s a jack of all trades type of player..play on the wing,at prop,he’s a hooker you’ve see the posts.

I never,other than he must have come cheaply,why he was signed after all of I recall rightly young Lewis was still at Wigan when he arrived at least to begin with,it really made no s3nse whatsoever in him signing as he’s a similar stature as Tierney and build too,and it didn’t solve the issues that Lewis had,being barged out of play etc,Escare does seem to have the same sort of issues..least it seems that way to me.

He’s fast,he can scoot (whatever that means) but so could Lewis..as I say you sign a player to bring something different because all Wigan did was bring the exact same player that they already had at the time,that Tierney has gone to Catalan and looks a far better player than when he was at Wigan is a credit to him,I’m sure too that if Escare moves he will do a fine job at the club he lands at.

On Saturday I thought Lam got it right with Hankinson he tried to tie off Lineham which mr Hanky pretty well for a while,plus Wigan seem to use the wingers as battering rams going from side to side so is his stature against him being used on the wing now?
pedro

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:17 am
pedro wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:02 am

Your choosing not to see it then, im not saying hes the best player in the world im saying hes been out best player in attack when playing.

We all know what Hardaker CAN do, he isnt doing it. Escare still looks lively and dangerous when he plays.
not at all, im waiting to see it still this year as hes been less than ordinary, again we know what he can do but he hasnt done it this year, same with Zak. If you think hes been better than Zak this year you need to take off your blinkers
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Re: Pedro: "Ive not seen anything from Escare this year to say he causes problems in attack."

It's hardly the lads fault, Lam's very rarely played him this year, other than in a bits and parts scenario. All I know is he's a potential line breaker, is exciting to watch, and used correctly can produce the unexpected, and be a match winner in a tight game. And how many of this class of 2019 have that ability ?
He was given the No.1 jersey after his 2018 form (and after we'd signed Hardaker !) yet has never been given a fair chance to be able to replicate that form with a decent run of games.

PS The pass he got on the wing at London was a shocker, above and behind him, if anyone takes up this point !
pedro

Post by pedro »

Nezza Faz wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:51 pm Re: Pedro: "Ive not seen anything from Escare this year to say he causes problems in attack."

It's hardly the lads fault, Lam's very rarely played him this year, other than in a bits and parts scenario. All I know is he's a potential line breaker, is exciting to watch, and used correctly can produce the unexpected, and be a match winner in a tight game. And how many of this class of 2019 have that ability ?
He was given the No.1 jersey after his 2018 form (and after we'd signed Hardaker !) yet has never been given a fair chance to be able to replicate that form with a decent run of games.

PS The pass he got on the wing at London was a shocker, above and behind him, if anyone takes up this point !
but he hasnt taken his chance has he. Hes down the pecking order and when been called upon hasnt done anything. Thats not his fault though eh....