Jake bibby

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Jake bibby

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:24 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:59 am
Caboosegg wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:18 pm I've heard a rumour around Jake Bibby coming to Wigan, not the most inspiring signing if true but more of a concern is for this to happen we must be losing a couple of wingers.
He's a centre.
He’s a winger who’s been switched to centre this year
Ah right 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

There must be some cunning master plan in play to make it seem that the club is rearranging the deckchairs when in fact we have identified the players for the positions that we are really struggling in and are about to sign them. Otherwise why would we allow ourselves to show such a lack of ambition in our planning. I can just imagine the season ticket advertising slogan " same price but slightly worse".
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Levrier wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:56 pm There must be some cunning master plan in play to make it seem that the club is rearranging the deckchairs when in fact we have identified the players for the positions that we are really struggling in and are about to sign them. Otherwise why would we allow ourselves to show such a lack of ambition in our planning. I can just imagine the season ticket advertising slogan " same price but slightly worse".
Could you possibly put that in understandable English?
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

old hooker wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:15 pm
Levrier wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:56 pm There must be some cunning master plan in play to make it seem that the club is rearranging the deckchairs when in fact we have identified the players for the positions that we are really struggling in and are about to sign them. Otherwise why would we allow ourselves to show such a lack of ambition in our planning. I can just imagine the season ticket advertising slogan " same price but slightly worse".
Think Titanic and you will understand the deckchairs.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am not sure it’s fair to say slightly worse. Rather, it would be slightly better.
What we are not seeing is any reason to get excited. Unless you love new shirts, there has been absolutely nothing in the last 6 months which counts as a reason to feel positive about the club. With plenty of reasons to feel miserable/embarrassed/ashamed - Edwards, Hamlin, drink driving, salary cap, losing gutlessly, winning horribly, players wanting out, horrible injuries - did I miss anything?
If I were in charge, I would be moving heaven and earth to come up with reasons to be cheerful about next year. And yet, instead we get low key slight upgrades and the players on holiday mid season. Has McManus secretly taken over?
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

old hooker wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:15 pm
Remember folks don't drink and post.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:28 am I am not sure it’s fair to say slightly worse. Rather, it would be slightly better.
What we are not seeing is any reason to get excited. Unless you love new shirts, there has been absolutely nothing in the last 6 months which counts as a reason to feel positive about the club. With plenty of reasons to feel miserable/embarrassed/ashamed - Edwards, Hamlin, drink driving, salary cap, losing gutlessly, winning horribly, players wanting out, horrible injuries - did I miss anything?
If I were in charge, I would be moving heaven and earth to come up with reasons to be cheerful about next year. And yet, instead we get low key slight upgrades and the players on holiday mid season. Has McManus secretly taken over?
Good post.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Even the more positive posters amongst us (I'm not one) are clutching at straws y stating that 'the signings we've made so far won't be too bad if we sign Hastings and another prop'. Sadly, I think the Hastings signing is looking less and less likely (why hasn't he committed yet?) and there's no sign at all that we'll go for another prop. The Mitch Clarke signing only replaces a player we've already lost so effectively, we've not moved forward on the prop front yet. An additional two new props would show a desire to improve the squad rather than just stand still. Do we really want to start next season with Clubby, Romain and Tautai?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It isn’t clutching at straws to read an article stating we are looking to sign Hastings and an NRL prop and saying that those signings would be good. I agree we desperately need a Plan B to Hastings as he could well simply skip to the NRL having used us to get his price up. I don’t believe for a moment we won’t find a replacement for Williams and hope we get 2 new marquee players instead of 1.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 pm It isn’t clutching at straws to read an article stating we are looking to sign Hastings and an NRL prop and saying that those signings would be good. I agree we desperately need a Plan B to Hastings as he could well simply skip to the NRL having used us to get his price up. I don’t believe for a moment we won’t find a replacement for Williams and hope we get 2 new marquee players instead of 1.
Meanwhile back on planet earth....