Jake bibby

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg
Posts: 1816
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Jake bibby

Post by Caboosegg » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:58 pm

DaveO wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:58 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 pm
It isn’t clutching at straws to read an article stating we are looking to sign Hastings and an NRL prop and saying that those signings would be good. I agree we desperately need a Plan B to Hastings as he could well simply skip to the NRL having used us to get his price up. I don’t believe for a moment we won’t find a replacement for Williams and hope we get 2 new marquee players instead of 1.
Meanwhile back on planet earth....
I really hope the club make you eat comment like this its like you want Wigan to fail 😂

Sadly i agree with you in this case.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

fozzieskem
Posts: 3180
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Jake bibby

Post by fozzieskem » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:16 am

Caboosegg wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:58 pm
DaveO wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:58 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 pm
It isn’t clutching at straws to read an article stating we are looking to sign Hastings and an NRL prop and saying that those signings would be good. I agree we desperately need a Plan B to Hastings as he could well simply skip to the NRL having used us to get his price up. I don’t believe for a moment we won’t find a replacement for Williams and hope we get 2 new marquee players instead of 1.
Meanwhile back on planet earth....
I really hope the club make you eat comment like this its like you want Wigan to fail 😂

Sadly i agree with you in this case.
It’s a quote we all hope comes back to bite us fans here,for my money I doubt Wigan will have any marquee players next season,not trying to be negative just my gut feeling based on the clear cost cutting the club has been going through.

shaunedwardsfanclub
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Re: Jake bibby

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:47 am

Caboosegg wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:58 pm
DaveO wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:58 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 pm
It isn’t clutching at straws to read an article stating we are looking to sign Hastings and an NRL prop and saying that those signings would be good. I agree we desperately need a Plan B to Hastings as he could well simply skip to the NRL having used us to get his price up. I don’t believe for a moment we won’t find a replacement for Williams and hope we get 2 new marquee players instead of 1.
Meanwhile back on planet earth....
I really hope the club make you eat comment like this its like you want Wigan to fail 😂

Sadly i agree with you in this case.
If that is the case then there will be no Hastings at Wigan, I hope you are wrong Fozzie.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards

Dev
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:57 am

Re: Jake bibby

Post by Dev » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:50 am

Not seen much of Jake Bibby to comment on if he’s any good, read some comments saying he’s not even getting much game time at Salford? If that’s the case then it’s not very positive news for us is it and ain’t going to excite the fans and get bums on seats next season. It might be a case of signing him to try and persuade Hastings to sign, who knows??

ddtftf
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Jake bibby

Post by ddtftf » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:01 pm

sign their coach then he has done well with no money

Exiled Wiganer
Posts: 1953
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:18 pm

Re: Jake bibby

Post by Exiled Wiganer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:57 pm

Meanwhile on planet earth, the article says we are attempting to sign Hastings. All parties admitted we tried to sign him last year, which must have been as a second marquee player. It is I suppose possible that Hastings has dreamt the whole thing, and the reporter is making things up without any inside knowledge, but to reach the conclusion that Bibby and Clark represent the entirety of our recruitment are wilfully making themselves (and I suppose anyone who agrees with or has to read the posts) miserable. Each to their own.

DaveO
Posts: 14447
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Jake bibby

Post by DaveO » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:57 pm
Meanwhile on planet earth, the article says we are attempting to sign Hastings. All parties admitted we tried to sign him last year, which must have been as a second marquee player. It is I suppose possible that Hastings has dreamt the whole thing, and the reporter is making things up without any inside knowledge, but to reach the conclusion that Bibby and Clark represent the entirety of our recruitment are wilfully making themselves (and I suppose anyone who agrees with or has to read the posts) miserable. Each to their own.
It's this bit from your original post i quoted I find most unrealistic:
I don’t believe for a moment we won’t find a replacement for Williams and hope we get 2 new marquee players instead of 1.
We might be trying to sign Hastings but so are other teams and the track record of the club at the moment is poor on signings where it has to work on securing a signature in competition with anyone. Our signings seemingly have to land on a plate for us like Hardaker.

I hope we get Hastings but he won't be able to be much better than what we have if the pack isn't given an overhaul and I don't see us going for anyone outstanding.

User avatar
wall_of_voodoo
Posts: 924
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

Re: Jake bibby

Post by wall_of_voodoo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:50 pm

Someone posted on Facebook that our signings lack the "wow" factor and are now more of the "who" factor

We need to sign some big names so fans can get them onto next seasons replica shirts rather than the current prospect of Joe Bloggs who we sign from Batley
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:

captinjack
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:42 pm

Re: Jake bibby

Post by captinjack » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:10 pm

Reading the posts makes me feel more, and more that IL is getting as much money as he can, before he walks away from our club.

Caboosegg
Posts: 1816
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Jake bibby

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:22 am

captinjack wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:10 pm
Reading the posts makes me feel more, and more that IL is getting as much money as he can, before he walks away from our club.
Your suggesting he pockets any money made from selling players/assetts?

The accounts can been seen by all, I'd suggest reading them.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Post Reply