Kallum Watkins ready to leave Leeds over contract dispute – reports

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Kallum Watkins

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wes wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:15 am Forget Bibby, throw everything at Watkins to partner Gildart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
not for me - way past it we are already carrying lockers and tommy
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hes agreed to leave at the end of the season...... 2 years ago i would welcome him ,but not now
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wes

Post by Wes »

He’s only 28 a change of club would do him a world of good.

medlocke

Re: Kallum Watkins ready to leave Leeds over contract dispute – reports

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:21 am Its official , watkins is leaving at the end of the season....... more cap space for potential signings....... come on wigan get jackson signed before its too late
I have a bad feeling that Leeds will sign both Hastings and Maloney and we will be stuck signing somebody like Watson Boas :shock:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wes wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:54 am He’s only 28 a change of club would do him a world of good.

For the money he would command for me he wouldnt be worth the risk i dont think hes been right for a few years
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

old hooker wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:51 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:46 pm He can't be cheap that's why there's a dispute over his contract.
All the comments from Leeds about Watkins' contract though are made by Hetherington and not Sinfield.
That shows who's running the players contracts and it ain't Sinfield.
Poor Kev has just been hired as a front man to take the blame off Hetherington in the current Leeds blame culture.
Poor Kev/? the most overrated overhyped player in SL history with the personality of a busted rugby ball,he has made a right cock up of the Lees job and i for one have little sympathy.
Whilst he never caught the eye with a huge tackle or line break or amazing bit of skill, he marshalled the team for a decade and his trophy cabinet is huge.

Ironically the exact type of player Wigan actually need. Experienced, game manager with an amazing kicking game and rugby IQ.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He looks a shadow of the player he was unless he took a big pay cut he’s not worth the chance.

That said I think it’s a wee but shitty the way Leeds have gone about this but that’s up to them
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:19 pm
old hooker wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:51 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:46 pm He can't be cheap that's why there's a dispute over his contract.
All the comments from Leeds about Watkins' contract though are made by Hetherington and not Sinfield.
That shows who's running the players contracts and it ain't Sinfield.
Poor Kev has just been hired as a front man to take the blame off Hetherington in the current Leeds blame culture.
Poor Kev/? the most overrated overhyped player in SL history with the personality of a busted rugby ball,he has made a right cock up of the Lees job and i for one have little sympathy.
Whilst he never caught the eye with a huge tackle or line break or amazing bit of skill, he marshalled the team for a decade and his trophy cabinet is huge.

Ironically the exact type of player Wigan actually need. Experienced, game manager with an amazing kicking game and rugby IQ.
And managed to lose us a World Cup semi-final.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well there is a surprise. Another club besides Wigan finds out if you sign a contract with a player to pay him £x and then ask him to take a pay cut he isn't happy.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:25 pm Well there is a surprise. Another club besides Wigan finds out if you sign a contract with a player to pay him £x and then ask him to take a pay cut he isn't happy.
Yup does sound awfully similar to Sam last season doesn’t it?