Jake bibby

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Re: Jake bibby

Post by ddtftf »

Accounts are only as good as the information entered into them and we were fined 2 points for not revealing all the info :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:34 am Accounts are only as good as the information entered into them and we were fined 2 points for not revealing all the info :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
That was the salary cap not the accounts!

Are you accusing IL and Fairhurst accountants of misinformation in the clubs accounts?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:40 am
ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:34 am Accounts are only as good as the information entered into them and we were fined 2 points for not revealing all the info :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
That was the salary cap not the accounts!

Are you accusing IL and Fairhurst accountants of misinformation in the clubs accounts?
Whilst he/she might not be directly making that accusation, to pretend that cooking the books and fiddling figures and expenses doesn't go on is naive in the extreme. There are loads of examples in and out of sport :roll:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Accountants only submit what is given to them, but there are lots of legal ways to offset losses against other subsidiary companies owned by the person submitting the accounts of a major company.

You can also legally take directors bonuses each year , it would be interesting to clear the air and post all the money the club has received from selling players Sam / Bateman / Joel / George / Sutton / Micky Mac / The wrecking Ball etc etc and tell us why we are at the limit for the salary cap, and were it has been spent as when you look at the facts it doesnt add up
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Here we go again IL is running the cub into the ground and yet some wont see it
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:15 pm Accountants only submit what is given to them, but there are lots of legal ways to offset losses against other subsidiary companies owned by the person submitting the accounts of a major company.

You can also legally take directors bonuses each year , it would be interesting to clear the air and post all the money the club has received from selling players Sam / Bateman / Joel / George / Sutton / Micky Mac / The wrecking Ball etc etc and tell us why we are at the limit for the salary cap, and were it has been spent as when you look at the facts it doesnt add up
When you ran your factory did you go publish all of your accounts on a line by line basis with everyone?
Only Radlinski received any payments and that was as Rugby General Manager.
See page 15 of the 2017 accounts.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/docu ... 70759ad8ad
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:29 pm
ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:15 pm Accountants only submit what is given to them, but there are lots of legal ways to offset losses against other subsidiary companies owned by the person submitting the accounts of a major company.

When you ran your factory did you go publish all of your accounts on a line by line basis with everyone?
Only Radlinski received any payments and that was as Rugby General Manager.
See page 15 of the 2017 accounts.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/docu ... 70759ad8ad
I think though what he’s saying accountants can only submit what they’re given,and I’ve little doubt in any sport a little creativity goes on.

Or not depending on your point of view
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I will tell you this

A former chief executive of the Wigan Warriors walked away from sport with more than a little money that NEVER saw the light of day on the club books. Simply walked into the club shop in the galleries and emptied the tills and when questioned he muttered" nothing to do with them" and he would walk out. The accounts showed thousand of pounds worth of timber "bought" but no one ever saw the timber or knew where it actually was
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 pm I will tell you this

A former chief executive of the Wigan Warriors walked away from sport with more than a little money that NEVER saw the light of day on the club books. Simply walked into the club shop in the galleries and emptied the tills and when questioned he muttered" nothing to do with them" and he would walk out. The accounts showed thousand of pounds worth of timber "bought" but no one ever saw the timber or knew where it actually was
So your saying he stole it?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

In the days gone by it was a joke that 2 of the entrance styles clocking supporters in didnt register as they entered the ground :roll: :roll: :roll:

I believe when Wigan played Manly away many years ago they said there was around 12 thousand on when eye witnesses said it was closer to 50 thousand just a few examples of beating the system