Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Post by josie andrews »

Clubb commits to Wigan

Tony Clubb agrees a new two-year deal with the Warriors.

Kris Radlinski: “Tony is a key member of our group and has the highest respect from his peers in the squad.”

Tony Clubb: “It’s a special place for me and I’m extremely happy to continue my career at Wigan.”
Wigan Warriors prop forward Tony Clubb has signed a contract extension to remain at the DW Stadium until 2021.
Clubb, whose current deal was due to expire at the end of the 2019 season, has signed a two-year deal to remain with the Cherry and Whites.

The 31-year old England international, who joined Wigan in 2014 from London Broncos, has become a key player for the Warriors and this season was included in the squad’s leadership group alongside captain Sean O’Loughlin and senior players Liam Farrell and Thomas Leuluai.

“Tony is a key member of our group and has the highest respect from his peers in the squad,” said Executive Director Kris Radlinksi.

“He is one of our leaders and on and off the field, sets standards for others to follow and he remains one of the competition’s fiercest and toughest front-rowers. We’re happy to see him extend his stay with Wigan Warriors.”

On signing his new-deal, Clubb said: “It was a no brainer and I’m really excited to stay with Wigan for another two years. After being here for five years, I’d like to call it my home. Me and my family have decided we are going to stay here in Wigan after I’ve finished rugby, as it is a great place to raise our kids.

“Hopefully, over the next few years we can win more trophies and I’ve been lucky that for the five years I’ve been here we’ve played in six finals. It’s a special place for me and I’m extremely happy to continue my career at Wigan.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... woPsyY0.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Clubb told me over 4 weeks ago he had re-signed!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:28 pm Clubb commits to Wigan

Tony Clubb agrees a new two-year deal with the Warriors.

Kris Radlinski: “Tony is a key member of our group and has the highest respect from his peers in the squad.”

Tony Clubb: “It’s a special place for me and I’m extremely happy to continue my career at Wigan.”
Wigan Warriors prop forward Tony Clubb has signed a contract extension to remain at the DW Stadium until 2021.
Clubb, whose current deal was due to expire at the end of the 2019 season, has signed a two-year deal to remain with the Cherry and Whites.

The 31-year old England international, who joined Wigan in 2014 from London Broncos, has become a key player for the Warriors and this season was included in the squad’s leadership group alongside captain Sean O’Loughlin and senior players Liam Farrell and Thomas Leuluai.

“Tony is a key member of our group and has the highest respect from his peers in the squad,” said Executive Director Kris Radlinksi.

“He is one of our leaders and on and off the field, sets standards for others to follow and he remains one of the competition’s fiercest and toughest front-rowers. We’re happy to see him extend his stay with Wigan Warriors.”

On signing his new-deal, Clubb said: “It was a no brainer and I’m really excited to stay with Wigan for another two years. After being here for five years, I’d like to call it my home. Me and my family have decided we are going to stay here in Wigan after I’ve finished rugby, as it is a great place to raise our kids.

“Hopefully, over the next few years we can win more trophies and I’ve been lucky that for the five years I’ve been here we’ve played in six finals. It’s a special place for me and I’m extremely happy to continue my career at Wigan.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... woPsyY0.99
Before all the negative comments start, its great to see someone come to the club and actually adopt the town like this.

Hopefully next year if we strengthen the pack we can get the best out of Clubb and no the current version who seems to be playing on with quite a few knocks.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

No need to play with quite a few knocks we have big young forwards begging for a game who will drive the ball in all day long, take Smithies who was given a chance, to play a player that is not fit or injured is bad coaching
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Must be leaving the BIG Announcement till last!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

KR strikes again “one I f the competition’s fiercest and toughest front-rowers”

Deluded.

Worst prop forward in the league.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:40 pm Must be leaving the BIG Announcement till last!
I take it that’ll be Lam for a few years won’t it?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:44 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:40 pm Must be leaving the BIG Announcement till last!
I take it that’ll be Lam for a few years won’t it?
Waiting for

Wigan re-sign Lam on the signing KR said

"Absolute mastermind genius and one of the most sort after coaches on the planet! we are pleased to secure such as privileged signature"
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

There will be no Lam news this week that’s for sure! Priorities for him
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Crosty 54

Post by Crosty 54 »

Think KR is on drugs with some of the comments of some of the signings we have made one clubb load crap Clark well ad one good game against us which a present is not hard think we can forget about a top signing ?