Hankinson contract extended

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Hankinson contract extended

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan have exercised one-year option to extend Chris Hankinson’s stay at the Club.

Kris Radlinksi: “He is centre by trade but has shown his versatility already this season by playing in a number of positions and having someone of Chris’ ability is extremely important to the wider squad.”

Chris Hankinson: “It’s a great moment for me in my career. My family are proud and so am I to stay with my hometown club.”

Wigan Warriors have exercised their one-year option to extend Chris Hankinson’s stay at the DW Stadium for another season until the end of 2020.

Hankinson, 25, who has made ten appearances so far for the Cherry and Whites since arriving at the Club mid-season in 2018, has featured eight times this season for Adrian Lam’s side showing his versatility slotting in at centre, wing and loose forward during the 2019 campaign.

On extending his stay with the Warriors, Executive Director Kris Radlinski said: “Chris has slotted into our environment extremely well since arriving from Swinton Lions last summer.

“He is centre by trade but has shown his versatility already this season by playing in a number of positions and having someone of Chris’ ability is extremely important to the wider squad. We’re happy to extend his stay.”

Hankinson said: “It’s a great moment for me in my career. My family are proud and so am I to stay with my hometown club. I’m really happy to extend an extra season and hopefully I can work on top of that and keep pushing forward.

“I’m aiming to put some more performances together to help the team and I’m grateful that I get that chance to do it for another year. I’ve had a good opportunity this year and I’ve taken it with both hands. I’m grateful to the coaches for giving me the game time and I just want to keep learning and stay within that 17-man squad for every game.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... 1qsT65Q.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Hankinson contract extended

Post by Mike »

Thats an odd one.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Mike wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:09 pmThats an odd one.
Agreed especially considering the trio of youngsters re-signed?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

good to keep our best players and let the bad ones go what a relief to see Sutton / Bateman / George / etc be moved on but good news we have re signed Clubb and Hankin :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

other site has been blocked off scared i may spoil the party lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:19 pm other site has been blocked off scared i may spoil the party lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is there something you know that the rest of us don’t?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Nothing wrong with this, Hanky offers solid back up off the bench or when injuries strike, Had he been Wigan born and bred and come through the academy then nobody would be complaining, From now on he shall be known as Handy Hanky 8-)
Wigan_forever1985

medlocke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:30 pm Nothing wrong with this, Hanky offers solid back up off the bench or when injuries strike, Had he been Wigan born and bred and come through the academy then nobody would be complaining, From now on he shall be known as Handy Hanky 8-)
I agree he has a value - but from what ive seen he's no better than the young lads we churn out of the academy so im not sure where he fits unless like was said on the other thread gildarts off
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:05 pm Wigan have exercised one-year option to extend Chris Hankinson’s stay at the Club.

Kris Radlinksi: “He is centre by trade but has shown his versatility already this season by playing in a number of positions and having someone of Chris’ ability is extremely important to the wider squad.”

Chris Hankinson: “It’s a great moment for me in my career. My family are proud and so am I to stay with my hometown club.”

Wigan Warriors have exercised their one-year option to extend Chris Hankinson’s stay at the DW Stadium for another season until the end of 2020.

Hankinson, 25, who has made ten appearances so far for the Cherry and Whites since arriving at the Club mid-season in 2018, has featured eight times this season for Adrian Lam’s side showing his versatility slotting in at centre, wing and loose forward during the 2019 campaign.

On extending his stay with the Warriors, Executive Director Kris Radlinski said: “Chris has slotted into our environment extremely well since arriving from Swinton Lions last summer.

“He is centre by trade but has shown his versatility already this season by playing in a number of positions and having someone of Chris’ ability is extremely important to the wider squad. We’re happy to extend his stay.”

Hankinson said: “It’s a great moment for me in my career. My family are proud and so am I to stay with my hometown club. I’m really happy to extend an extra season and hopefully I can work on top of that and keep pushing forward.

“I’m aiming to put some more performances together to help the team and I’m grateful that I get that chance to do it for another year. I’ve had a good opportunity this year and I’ve taken it with both hands. I’m grateful to the coaches for giving me the game time and I just want to keep learning and stay within that 17-man squad for every game.”

the way rads has wirtten his statements im surprised Hankinson didnt get compared to Greg Inglis!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:05 pm Wigan have exercised one-year option to extend Chris Hankinson’s stay at the Club.

the way rads has wirtten his statements im surprised Hankinson didnt get compared to Greg Inglis!
How did he manage to restrain himself?

This is another signing like Clubb where if the club wanted to show some ambition they would have let him leave and put the money towards a better player. The squad needs thinning out of players of this standard.