BIG Announcement Verdict

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

BIG Announcement Verdict

Poll ended at Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:55 pm

10/10 Can’t wait for 2020!!!!
2%
7-9/10 good news for the Club!
6%
5-6/10 ok news
24%
2-4/10 underwhelmed
43%
1 WTF
8%
0 omnishambles
16%

Total votes: 49

ancientnloyal

BIG Announcement Verdict

Post by ancientnloyal »

How would you rate today’s epic news?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Re: BIG Announcement Verdict

Post by medlocke »

The news was ok apart from Clubb, Just a shame they bigged it and had everyone thinking we'd be signing big NRL stars, In future they need to stop trying to be Billy big bollox and just announce it with no forewarning :D
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Its was good to get an idea for our team next year.

Will the signings pay off next year will tell.

Im hopeful we will see the best of Burgess next year as he obviously wants to go back to the NRL
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

By big announcement they obviously meant never mind the quality, feel the width.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think it was fine. It was fun having everything confirmed at once. With clearly more to come, when they explain where we are with Lockers, Tommy p, a new half and the new coach. I think Smithies is the best home grown second row (not lock) prospect we have seen since Betts.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Seeing as some of the people who said Sammut was a Championship player not fit to wear the shirt, before a ball was kicked, are now eagerly awaiting his return from injury like he's a saviour, I'll delay judgement on Bibby and Clark (about whom I know next to nothing) until they've got a few games under their belts.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:11 pm I think it was fine. It was fun having everything confirmed at once. With clearly more to come, when they explain where we are with Lockers, Tommy p, a new half and the new coach. I think Smithies is the best home grown second row (not lock) prospect we have seen since Betts.
Better than Hock, Hansen, Tomkins and Farrell?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:15 pm Seeing as some of the people who said Sammut was a Championship player not fit to wear the shirt, before a ball was kicked, are now eagerly awaiting his return from injury like he's a saviour, I'll delay judgement on Bibby and Clark (about whom I know next to nothing) until they've got a few games under their belts.
The desire for Sammut is more because he’s the best of a bad bunch, not because he’s world class and everybody wrote him off.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Nobody is saying that Sammut is world-class, nathan. I was just making the point that it's a bit crazy to write players off before they've been given a shot. That doesn't mean that Clark and Bibby are thrilling signings, though.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Better than Hock, Hansen, Tomkins and Farrell?
[/quote]

Well, Hansen was a limited but well meaning plodder, Hock was a huge talent but squandered it, Tomkins was hit and miss and brought shame on the club. Faz has wrung every ounce out of his talent, and Smithies will need to show the same level of dedication to the cause. For mine, he has more potential if he works as hard. I also exclude true legends who wore 13 like Clarke, A Farrell and Lockers.