BIG Announcement Verdict

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

BIG Announcement Verdict

Poll ended at Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:55 pm

10/10 Can’t wait for 2020!!!!
2%
7-9/10 good news for the Club!
6%
5-6/10 ok news
24%
2-4/10 underwhelmed
43%
1 WTF
8%
0 omnishambles
16%

Total votes: 49

ancientnloyal

Re: BIG Announcement Verdict

Post by ancientnloyal »

DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:41 pm By big announcement they obviously meant never mind the quality, feel the width.
She said
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It just annoys me when the club come out and say big announcement, can’t remember any other club doing it, and then the signing are ok.
Could understand if it was a big signing from OZ or somebody in super league such as Tom Johnstone.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Folau would of been a good shout. Thrown out of union, Nrl won’t have anything to do with him.
Bit of a prat granted but with his options limited the club could of got him cheaper than you usually would
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:35 pm Folau would of been a good shout. Thrown out of union, Nrl won’t have anything to do with him.
Bit of a prat granted but with his options limited the club could of got him cheaper than you usually would
Bit of a Prat? Regardless of your opinions on his opinions hes stuck by his views.

Our MPs could learn from this.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:05 pm
Barney841 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:35 pm Folau would of been a good shout. Thrown out of union, Nrl won’t have anything to do with him.
Bit of a Prat? Regardless of your opinions on his opinions hes stuck by his views.

Our MPs could learn from this.
Point taken
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Bringing it back to the announcements, I thought it was a good start. Rads has stated that more signings are on the way. No doubt that includes Williams's replacement (which I've heard will either be Jackson Hastings or Chris Atkin, although I could be misinformed).

I think the only underwhelming thing is that we all new about these signings and resignings weeks ago, part of me was hoping they'd surprise us at the end of the day with an unexpected decent signing like James Maloney (I can dream).

I'll wait to see who else they bring in for next before judging them.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If there is one player in the world whose signing would have us cancelling our season tickets it is Folau. He is the embodiment of human hatred.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:17 pm If there is one player in the world whose signing would have us cancelling our season tickets it is Folau. He is the embodiment of human hatred.

Hardaker? Homophobia?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:17 pm If there is one player in the world whose signing would have us cancelling our season tickets it is Folau. He is the embodiment of human hatred.
Id rather have someone who just has strict christian beliefs than a known wife beater (Ben Barba).

Im sure many players without the beliefs think along similar lines. Didnt one of ours get in trouble for racial and homophobic abuse?

This issue is he used his standing to air his views to those that follow him.

I would like to say i really do not agree with his views but plenty of players have and will do worse and actually put peoples health and lives at risk.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The announcements are ok so far with the signings we already knew about. The new or extension contracts for existing players are very good.

What these signings say to me is that the club are building a quality reserve squad both to provide SL players when injuries or suspensions occur. There will be a quality bridge for young players to develop beyond the current U19 league to make them immediately available for SL games when required.

Radlinski now tells us there are more to come. Well yes there will be and they will be SL/NRL quality to replace and/or improve on players leaving. With Williams departing with probably Escare, Sarginson's future at Wigan also in doubt the second phase of announcements will have to be carefully managed.

The next phase of signings/announcements won't have to be too long either. To pacify supporters we will need quality signings plus the resolving of the head coach position for next season. I can't see anything being done until we know the outcome of the next three away games. Lam's future may depend on those results.
This month could be crucial for the 2020 at Wigan.