Wigan Superstar players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Wigan Superstar players

Post by ancientnloyal »

Think Adrian Lam (Player), Trent Barrett, Sam Tomkins, Vaealiki... who of the current team would we class as being Class?

Austin at Wire
Lomax, Coote at Saints
Hastings at salford
Johnstone at Wakey
Gale at Cas (he is though...)

What are our options? Hardaker? Manfredi when fit. This is what we are lacking here and now and for 2020...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
endoman

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by endoman »

Gildart, Hardaker,
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Vaieleki???he wasnt class as i remember
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

It should be Hardaker, Burgess & Williams with the next crop being Gildart and Farrell in my opinion.

We do seem to lack a player with the X factor since Tomkins and Bateman left.

The problem we have is that we have expectations greater than certain players potential. We also have injuries that is stopping players getting back to form and a style of play which doesn’t suite.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

At Wigan i think only Oli really qualifies as its incredibly rare he has a bad game

Williams should be there but really needs to work on consistency and picking the right option

Obviously in his day Lockers but he is 2-3 years now away from that player
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pedro

Post by pedro »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 am Vaieleki???he wasnt class as i remember
when we signed him it was pre injury and was classed as one of the best centres in the world on either side of the world
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:00 am
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 am Vaieleki???he wasnt class as i remember
when we signed him it was pre injury and was classed as one of the best centres in the world on either side of the world
He where Fresh
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am At Wigan i think only Oli really qualifies as its incredibly rare he has a bad game

Williams should be there but really needs to work on consistency and picking the right option

Obviously in his day Lockers but he is 2-3 years now away from that player
Burgess has the potential
Manfredi when hes not injured, the quality he showed when he came back was world class.

Maybe Hardaker but i have never been a fan, hes a glory hog for me and not worker.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I'm hoping that the signings of current fringe players like Clark and Bibby and the resigning of other current mediocre players is because Rads is keeping the money back for a superstar signing.

Even my 9 year old niece who is Wigan mad was underwhelmed with yesterdays announcement.

I would love us to bring in a superstar Aussie, even if they are getting on a bit and it doesn't really work out.

Its the announcement we need at the moment.

Sonny Bill Williams please.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

First Try Tickle wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:48 am I'm hoping that the signings of current fringe players like Clark and Bibby and the resigning of other current mediocre players is because Rads is keeping the money back for a superstar signing.

Even my 9 year old niece who is Wigan mad was underwhelmed with yesterdays announcement.

I would love us to bring in a superstar Aussie, even if they are getting on a bit and it doesn't really work out.

Its the announcement we need at the moment.

Sonny Bill Williams please.
Totally agree with this i can remember when Barrett was announced fans were buzzing! there was an atmosphere of expectation. Even more recently Finch and Hoffman or even Matty Bowen!

Rads and IL are so short sighted they would be asking Mr Magoo to be their eyes - Anything under Hastings now will be a complete failure - even atkin who is a very good prospect
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure