Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Post by Mickw »

If we lose on Sunday we are looking down the barrel of relegation, presumably these new contracts are null and void if that happens ,any club worth its salt would have that built in to new contracts if at the very least to act as an incentive to win games.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:29 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:50 am
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:11 am

His form simply hasn’t warranted a top line NRL club to come back in for him,for me he’s had his chance over there and I doubt he will get another one,his own fault he should have waited for a couple of more years before heading over there
Did the Roosters already have the two quality wingers when he signed ?

I hope he gets back to his best form, sadly it feels a bit like Tomkins all over again in which a long run at his best form is stretched back years. That being said, he has shown glimpses, it’s just injuries in the 3 years he’s been back. Is it 3 years? Wow that’s a long time.

On his day though he is world class. Height, speed, power, good in the air, great finisher and is probably the closest winger we have had who can match the athletic beasts the Aussies produce on the wing.
I honestly think he was the victim of the dreaded “highlight reel”the roosters expected the finished article what they got was a young lad with bags of potential but a wee bit raw.

I said when he went it was too soon and I’ve not changed my mind since truth is though he shows flashes of the devastating early form only sporadically now,and let us be fair he seems to say quite often he wants another chance in Aus,which doesn’t endear him to me
I remember at the timing thinking he was going a bit too early as well. From memory, at the time, had there been anyone go over there that young ?

The competition is so fierce out there and the standard so high that you may not get the chance to develop. Similar to the risk a few highlighted with Sutton going too early. He’s doing well though.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:04 pm For 2020 though I cannot see anywhere where we are building a foundation going forward to replace the likes of bateman, oloughlin, mcilorum, Leuluai, Farrell et al.
Just signing squad players aren’t we, which is fine if you have the star players and very good players around them.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:04 pm Rads out now pathetic
Agreed. The man is deluded.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Our management is a bit like parliament all wrong decisions but old pals club no one gets sacked of their position
pedro

Post by pedro »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:29 pm Our management is a bit like parliament all wrong decisions but old pals club no one gets sacked of their position
well put