Wigan Superstar players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by Firestarter »

Meds n nathan are right....... what i hate about the new rule is that you cant tackle a player who has both feet off the floor...... a lot of the more athletic players now jump up and defenders cant smash them...... silly rule go back to proper rugby rules that's not made for posers
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
SJ

Post by SJ »

old hooker wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:00 pm There are none at Wigan at the moment.....
Agreed
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:53 am Meds n nathan are right....... what i hate about the new rule is that you cant tackle a player who has both feet off the floor...... a lot of the more athletic players now jump up and defenders cant smash them...... silly rule go back to proper rugby rules that's not made for posers
I think you may be confusing the rule about tackling a player in the air when he's taking a high kick. I don't think it applies to a player diving over for a try.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:43 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:53 am Meds n nathan are right....... what i hate about the new rule is that you cant tackle a player who has both feet off the floor...... a lot of the more athletic players now jump up and defenders cant smash them...... silly rule go back to proper rugby rules that's not made for posers
I think you may be confusing the rule about tackling a player in the air when he's taking a high kick. I don't think it applies to a player diving over for a try.
not really mpe........ not 100% on the rule but imagine some winger takes off mid air for a fantastic dive....... the defender rushes over and shoves him( whilst hes 3 feet off the ground)......... the winger spins rounds and drops like a sack of s&&t and lands awkwardly in agony........ would that be a penalty? Of course it would........ theres no way a ref/video ref would allow that imo..
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

You mean the same rule book that allows shoulder charges by the attacking players but not the defending? I wouldn't be surprised to see players penalized if they did tackle a player jumping over the try line as it would be simply down to the same referee's interpretation that ruled TL "try" out at Warrington in the cup
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

because I know what im talking about....
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Firestarter wrote:Meds n nathan are right....... what i hate about the new rule is that you cant tackle a player who has both feet off the floor...... a lot of the more athletic players now jump up and defenders cant smash them...... silly rule go back to proper rugby rules that's not made for posers
That's not true. You can only not tackle a player in the air if they are attempting to catch a ball on the full. You are allowed to tackle on the air in all other circumstances, even if they are attempting to catch a ball that has bounced. You can certainly tackle a player in the air who has possession of the ball from a pass. In fact it's illegal to jump over a tackler.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:39 am
pedro wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:11 am they only score like that when the defender has them covered. In the old days they would be in touch.....its not rocket science
I won't bother because your obviously not grasping what has been said, Nathan get's it why can't you
Its like saying driving through an open space is harder than driving a smaller
One.
Last edited by nathan_rugby on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:41 pm
not really mpe........ not 100% on the rule but imagine some winger takes off mid air for a fantastic dive....... the defender rushes over and shoves him( whilst hes 3 feet off the ground)......... the winger spins rounds and drops like a sack of s&&t and lands awkwardly in agony........ would that be a penalty? Of course it would........ theres no way a ref/video ref would allow that imo..
I’ve never seen a defender get penalised for tackling an attacker who is attempting to score a try in the corner. Nor have I ever seen a defender stop himself from making such a tackle in fear of getting penalised.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:03 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:41 pm

I’ve never seen a defender get penalised for tackling an attacker who is attempting to score a try in the corner. Nor have I ever seen a defender stop himself from making such a tackle in fear of getting penalised.
There was an incident a couple of months back where a player had jump for a bouncing ball and got tackled in the air, Hemmings went off on one so I'm presuming it was a Saints player, Cummings then shut him up by explaining it wasn't a penalty