Fixtures!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Fixtures!

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:36 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:49 pm Because the same fans shouting for thursday games to end and get more on a sunday, now dont turn up to the sunday games and moan they are on sunday 😂
I know you're having a dig at medlocke but the Thursday game was and is a disaster for the sport. Supposedly played on Thursday's to give football Friday nights (as a Friday/Sat/Sun/Mon footballing gimmick) then SKY decide to have football on every night

Result: RL walk-up numbers to matches drop and fans hate the fixture due to work/school etc the next day and having to travel over probably one of the worst motorway networks in the UK - the M62 during work rush hour

Sundays would be fine if season tickets are sold on the basis home games would be played then.

Some on Friday, best fixtures played on Thursday and a smattering on Sunday for some reason (usually football) and no wonder fans complain that the basis they bought season tickets is being ruined by fixture chaos and a ridiculous allowance to never play a home fixture every summer (cramming them in during the early Spring and last month or so of the Summer)
I wasnt having a dig at anyone, one of the fan surveys was on match days, alot of the votes where for sunday games.

Every sunday game i have been to has been poorly attended.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:05 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:49 pm Because the same fans shouting for thursday games to end and get more on a sunday, now dont turn up to the sunday games and moan they are on sunday 😂
I know you're having a dig at medlocke but the Thursday game was and is a disaster for the sport. Supposedly played on Thursday's to give football Friday nights (as a Friday/Sat/Sun/Mon footballing gimmick) then SKY decide to have football on every night

Result: RL walk-up numbers to matches drop and fans hate the fixture due to work/school etc the next day and having to travel over probably one of the worst motorway networks in the UK - the M62 during work rush hour

Sundays would be fine if season tickets are sold on the basis home games would be played then.

Some on Friday, best fixtures played on Thursday and a smattering on Sunday for some reason (usually football) and no wonder fans complain that the basis they bought season tickets is being ruined by fixture chaos and a ridiculous allowance to never play a home fixture every summer (cramming them in during the early Spring and last month or so of the Summer)
I wasnt having a dig at anyone, one of the fan surveys was on match days, alot of the votes where for sunday games.

Football doesn’t seem to do bad on Sunday’s.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Well that suggests the survey was flawed rather than fans have no idea which day they prefer home games to be played on
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:36 pm I know you're having a dig at medlocke but the Thursday game was and is a disaster for the sport. Supposedly played on Thursday's to give football Friday nights (as a Friday/Sat/Sun/Mon footballing gimmick) then SKY decide to have football on every night

Well that suggests the survey was flawed rather than fans have no idea which day they prefer home games to be played on
Why

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Must admit I'm not a fan of Sunday games, they don't seem to raise much interest it seems to me even when Wigan try and put a bit extra on..as for the stupidity of the KR fixtures it is mind boggling really.
doc

Post by doc »

Thirty years ago i would have said Sundays. However, now that I have got used to Friday nights and have other things to do at weekends I would say stick to Fridays. My one ask would be to move back to 8pm kick offs.

Thursday fixtures are a disaster. I think part of the reason for the drop off in attendances is that people get out of the habit of going to a match every other week. The annual mid season break for the pitch to be resurfaced also contributes to this.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan’s fixture list only shows two more Sunday games, one Saturday game and the rest Friday night. Home and away.

What’s the fuss about ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."