Wigan Superstar players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:59 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:03 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:41 pm not really mpe........ not 100% on the rule but imagine some winger takes off mid air for a fantastic dive....... the defender rushes over and shoves him( whilst hes 3 feet off the ground)......... the winger spins rounds and drops like a sack of s&&t and lands awkwardly in agony........ would that be a penalty? Of course it would........ theres no way a ref/video ref would allow that imo..
I’ve never seen a defender get penalised for tackling an attacker who is attempting to score a try in the corner. Nor have I ever seen a defender stop himself from making such a tackle in fear of getting penalised.
There was an incident a couple of months back where a player had jump for a bouncing ball and got tackled in the air, Hemmings went off on one so I'm presuming it was a Saints player, Cummings then shut him up by explaining it wasn't a penalty
I remember it. Different rule applies when the ball has bounced.

It’s no wonder we don’t attract new fans when the tune in and listen to those imbociles. Yet another area the NRL kills us in.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by pedro »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:41 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:43 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:53 am Meds n nathan are right....... what i hate about the new rule is that you cant tackle a player who has both feet off the floor...... a lot of the more athletic players now jump up and defenders cant smash them...... silly rule go back to proper rugby rules that's not made for posers
I think you may be confusing the rule about tackling a player in the air when he's taking a high kick. I don't think it applies to a player diving over for a try.
not really mpe........ not 100% on the rule but imagine some winger takes off mid air for a fantastic dive....... the defender rushes over and shoves him( whilst hes 3 feet off the ground)......... the winger spins rounds and drops like a sack of s&&t and lands awkwardly in agony........ would that be a penalty? Of course it would........ theres no way a ref/video ref would allow that imo..
no it wouldnt as he jumped there, hes put himself in that position