F***IN USELESS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: F***IN USELESS

Post by Mickw »

Lams not been here since magic weekend ,blame winder. Where was Sammut .
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mickw wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:17 pm Lams not been here since magic weekend ,blame winder. Where was Sammut .
I think Bilko said Winder only returned to the Club on Thursday as he had been away after a family member had died so was anyone doing the coaching??
Last edited by ian.birchall on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:50 pm
Mickw wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:17 pm Lams not been here since magic weekend ,blame winder. Where was Sammut .
I think Bilko said Winder only returned to the Club on Thursday as he had been away after a family member had died soi was anyone doing the coaching??
It was Lam who returned from Australia after a family bereavement not Winder
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:12 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:50 pm
I think Bilko said Winder only returned to the Club on Thursday as he had been away after a family member had died soi was anyone doing the coaching??
It was Lam who returned from Australia after a family bereavement not Winder
Ta for that, now I understand.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan head coach Adrian Lam told BBC Radio Manchester:

"We had a good chat in the dressing room we got the job done and it was really ugly

We played some good rugby but we put pressure on ourselves making silly errors. I was happy with the effort in defence, we had a couple of messy tries come through which we couldn't do much about.

"Overall, in the end I'm satisfied. We scored an extra try but missed three goals, we played it safe by taking Zak Hardaker off, but we could have put it to bed at the end of the second-half."
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I counted 8 or 9 unforced errors from us during the game........went out after game with a few of our rovers mates and they couldnt believe how bad we were and how many basic errors we make........ how many sets of 6 did we complete in the second half?not many........and our kicking game is nothing short of atrocious......... straight in front of sticks with 4 mins left and-go for try......... then drop goal 45 out( great kick) but got out of jail........we were 14-6 at half time and came out with no effort for 25-30 mins.........there first try was a joke...... cant wait to watch the replay of it........... anyone who thinks escare shouldnt be in this team is braindead imo......... marshy is nowhere near fit and neither is flower........ zak n flower might be out now so maybe new faces in next week........only positive was shorroks looked very lively when he came on at hooker and definately upped the tempo........i can honestly say i can throw a ball higher than tommy can kick it( embarrassing to say the least)......
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Talking to a rovers fan and he couldn’t believe how poor Wigan and in fairness KR are this season,just the same ole same old from both teams he had a point on both counts
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

A win is a win. Must admit heart was in my mouth for the last 15 minutes. Sam surprised me with that drop goal. I was next to HKR fans who screaming that it hadn't gone over, sorry scoreboard said different.
Called in for a drink on way home HKR supporters wanted to know how much IL had paid Mikalauskas.
Not a classic, but let's hope it the start of happier days. Hope Zak and Ben not seriously injured.
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

Despite his kicking, which has always been poor, on today's performance I think Tommy Leuluai is our only player who seems to have any idea what to do on attack. The rest were headless chickens again, not least Williams and O'Loughlin.

A good point was Farrell's performance (we will have to forgive the intercept pass), but the left side looked dangerous again with him involved.

Sarginson played very well both at centre and full-back as well - has Bibby's signing shaken him up?

Biggest worry is still the forwards - on that evidence Tautai needs dropping, but with Flower out what do we have left?
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

pedro wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:10 pm Wigan game on Wigan TV audio is the Saint game.....
Aye we were told to swap feeds at 2.58 due to a problem with the broadcast line at London so we became the main FM game instead of the planned second game which Wigan TV was connected to. This was not their fault. Today was a difficult one logistically given both teams were away, and unusually neither on TV, and trust me we did well to get two commentaries on air even if it ended up arse bout tit. However considering we are "shite" anyway it can't have been so bad for you. 😊 And anyone who does like Wish FM commentary should sadly enjoy it whilst it lasts.