Fullback?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
captinjack

Fullback?

Post by captinjack »

It could be that we will be without Zak for Fridays Rhino's game. What is Lam going to do, who will he pick to fill Zak's spot.

Watching Sargie today he will fit nicely into the fullback spot.That still leaves a gap on the squad. Will Lam, who I have very little confidence in regarding coaching abilities, bring Escar'e into the squad?

What are your thoughts?
Nezza Faz

Re: Fullback?

Post by Nezza Faz »

If Hardaker is unfit, I'd go with Escare at FB with Sarge in his usual position.
Plenty of space at Headingley for Escare to use his speed and evasion, need to be able to break the Leeds D which was improved on Friday night.
If Escare doesn't play, there's obviously something going on between him and Lam ?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Sarge for me once he settled it made you remember he was pretty good there when he’s played FB.

I’d be amazed if Escare plays
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Post match Lam says it was playing it safe taking Hardaker off so hopefully not an issue.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:13 pm Post match Lam says it was playing it safe taking Hardaker off so hopefully not an issue.
We can but hope it showed today how well Hardaker has settled din when he went off he was missed by the side.

Lam’s record on predicting medical stuff leaves a lot to be desired,I’m still staggered he said he thought Tom Davies would be out for about three months,he said that while I presume Davies foot was still the wrong way,since then I take lams medic reports with a pinch of salt
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Zak pulled up for there first try........ stayed on till half time but didnt look comfortable
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

WHY THE HELL WOULD LAM PICK THE BLOKE ISSUED THE #1 JERSEY AT FULLBACK???? 😡 I’d go for Oloughlin and interchange him with Navarette if Zak isn’t fit
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mullen?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

pedro wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:01 pmMullen?
Looks to have fallen out of favour at the club after his drink-driving episode. Good job we have no other bad apples within the club who have ever done anything wrong :twisted:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Escare to full back with Sarge centre. Least disruption that way.