Sammut

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Sammut

Post by First Try Tickle »

Anyone know if Sammut was injured yesterday or just dropped. Nobody seemed to know and I cant find anything online.

I think he gives something to the team, his fast passes out wide gives Gildart much more time.
nathan_rugby

Re: Sammut

Post by nathan_rugby »

First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:53 pm Anyone know if Sammut was injured yesterday or just dropped. Nobody seemed to know and I cant find anything online.

I think he gives something to the team, his fast passes out wide gives Gildart much more time.
The fact the club have not mentioned injury, nor has any of the reliable posters on here, it would suggest to me he has been dropped for reason other than injury.

That could be fitness, tactics, attitude in training, performance of others, performance in training etc.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Maybe its the terrible vests he wears when in Barcelona lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Played against Wire when not fully fit and aggravated the injury again apparently .

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 pm Played against Wire when not fully fit and aggravated the injury again apparently .

Regards EW
Seems to be happening a lot. Incompetent medical staff or through sheer desperation to get people back to prevent relegation battle ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 pm Played against Wire when not fully fit and aggravated the injury again apparently .

Regards EW
My wife spotted that as soon as he came on,he didn’t look anywhere near fit,the point is is she could see he wasn’t fit that night what the hell was even doing on the pitch?
endoman

Post by endoman »

Wouldn't be the first, and won't be the last time that a coach / owner has asked / told an unfit player that they need to play. Imagine it happens to some degree in every game.