Tautai Drink Driving

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Tautai Drink Driving

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:24 pm
medlocke wrote:
DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Welcome to the politics of the Brexit era.
A mate of mine got deported from Australia around 15 years ago for similar behavior and flopping his tallywhacker out on numerous occasions while working there, Was that Brexits fault? 8-)
WTF has being deported from Australia for a sexual offence got to do with being deported for drink driving from the UK? Nothing that is what.

The Brazilian Liverpool player mentioned earlier wasn’t deported was he? Why does TT now face that prospect?

Things have changed is why as politicians appeal to those who don’t like immigrants and if you can’t see this is all this is all down to Brexit you are blind.

Drink driving is punished by a fine proportional to what you earn and a driving ban. Hardaker not only was over the limit, he had no insurance and ran away from the police! He will be out of pocket and can’t drive and that is it. But because TT is foreign he’s deported? Totally over the top, there is no justice in that at all and the fact he might face this outcome is only a possibility as the law has been changed to pander to those who don’t like immigrants.

If he is deported he won’t be the first one who has been kicked out for offences that don’t warrant anything like as severe consequences for UK nationals. This country is going to the dogs when it comes to “justice”.

We aren’t talking hardened criminals but if people think drink driving warrants more serious punishment than it attracts, fare enough but don’t start discriminating against foreigners to appear tough on immigrants which is the only thing behind this. It’s got nothing to do with what he actually did.
Chill out Dave :lol: :lol:
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

Well said Dave O

Rather than Brexit being the root cause of this pandering to racists, I think it's more to do with previous years of this appalling Conservative government, with primary responsibility belonging to the outgoing PM, who created the "hostile environment" towards all immigrants in her time as Home Secretary.

Judging by the current leadership freak show, it isn't going to get better anytime soon.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

"It is believed that Tautai had recently applied for a settlement visa to live permanently in the UK, following the expiry of his “Sportsperson” visa, which lasted for six years following his move to Wakefield in 2013. If the Home Office blocks his application as a result of the conviction, he will have to return to Australia."

Shh, Don't tell DaveO, He thinks it's because of Brexit and the racist Brexiteers :D
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

If you want to start arguing about Brexit on here then it time to block this thread

What the hell an idiot like Tautai deciding to drive his car after a few bevvies in King Street has to do with leaving the EU I have no idea and despite the political rhetoric nothing has anything to do with leaving with or without a deal or immigration (except in your own tiny minds)
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It's not directly because of Brexit, no, but Dave is right that deportation should not be regarded as another tool for the courts in considering law-breaking. The law should apply equally to all, or it is nothing.

As for 'get rid', surely unless we can find a club willing to take him (unlikely), he'll still count on the cap?

i realise some may feel, get rid anyway.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

What a silly boy putting his career and livelihood at risk for the sake of a few pints?