Wigan step up chase to sign Jackson Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan step up chase to sign Jackson Hastings

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are quietly confident of winning the race for Jackson Hastings.

The Salford halfback is in the midst of deciding his future ahead of the 2020 campaign, with Leeds and the Red Devils also vying for his signature.

But League Express claims the Warriors are positive they will be able to lure Hastings to the club at the second time of asking, having initially missed out on the talented playmaker last year.

Hastings stayed loyal to the Red Devils last term, with a contributing factor being their willingness to offer him a one-year contract, while Wigan were keen for him to sign for three.

While Wigan are still determined to sign Hastings on a deal beyond 2020, it’s believed they are willing to add an NRL-clause into his deal that would pave a way for him to return Down Under should the opportunity arise.

Leeds, meanwhile, aren’t thought to be as keen on the idea, which has pushed Wigan into a stronger position to land him.

Salford are content with continuing their current agreement with their star player in order to extend his stay at the AJ Bell Stadium.

The 23-year-old has yet to come to a final decision on his future, but there’s a growing belief within the DW Stadium that he will be wearing the famous cherry and white next season, even though Salford remain hopeful they will be able to retain him.

With George Williams set to join Canberra next season, the Warriors are in need of a halfback to replace their outgoing marquee star, with Hastings the club’s top target.

Tommy Leuluai’s future is also uncertain, though recent developments suggest he will extend his playing career into 2020.

http://www.totalrl.com/wigan-step-up-ch ... -hastings/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Re: Wigan step up chase to sign Jackson Hastings

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:10 pm Wigan Warriors are quietly confident of winning the race for Jackson Hastings.

The Salford halfback is in the midst of deciding his future ahead of the 2020 campaign, with Leeds and the Red Devils also vying for his signature.

But League Express claims the Warriors are positive they will be able to lure Hastings to the club at the second time of asking, having initially missed out on the talented playmaker last year.

Hastings stayed loyal to the Red Devils last term, with a contributing factor being their willingness to offer him a one-year contract, while Wigan were keen for him to sign for three.

While Wigan are still determined to sign Hastings on a deal beyond 2020, it’s believed they are willing to add an NRL-clause into his deal that would pave a way for him to return Down Under should the opportunity arise.

Leeds, meanwhile, aren’t thought to be as keen on the idea, which has pushed Wigan into a stronger position to land him.

Salford are content with continuing their current agreement with their star player in order to extend his stay at the AJ Bell Stadium.

The 23-year-old has yet to come to a final decision on his future, but there’s a growing belief within the DW Stadium that he will be wearing the famous cherry and white next season, even though Salford remain hopeful they will be able to retain him.

With George Williams set to join Canberra next season, the Warriors are in need of a halfback to replace their outgoing marquee star, with Hastings the club’s top target.

Tommy Leuluai’s future is also uncertain, though recent developments suggest he will extend his playing career into 2020.

What a joke.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:17 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:10 pm Wigan Warriors are quietly confident of winning the race for Jackson Hastings.

What a joke.
The "hit me im soft" club
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:10 pm Tommy Leuluai’s future is also uncertain, though recent developments suggest he will extend his playing career into 2020.

That's all you need to know about our recruitment for next season
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:55 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:10 pm Tommy Leuluai’s future is also uncertain, though recent developments suggest he will extend his playing career into 2020.

If we sign Hastings, I’d rather have Tommy at hooker than Sam
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:02 pm

ide rather have a new hooker....... if tommy goes again i wont be happy....... i do like the look of the young kid who played at salford
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:58 pm
Barney841 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:02 pm

ide rather have a new hooker....... if tommy goes again i wont be happy....... i do like the look of the young kid who played at salford
Yeah, a new hooker would be better
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I wish the club would f*** right off with this NRL get out clause for everyone!!! Can’t build a team when You promise them a year!

David vaealiki never had such a clause!

Edited language 😊 - Josie
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I wonder if “one of the most destructive forwards in the league” has an nrl clause?

He’s sooo destructive cas haven’t picked him tonight
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Contracts seem to be worth so little these days that frankly I'd be glad to get Hastings for a season. Worry about the next season when it arrives.