Sarge

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Sarge

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Disappointed with that. I like Sarge and he proved his usefulness at HKR when he switched to fb where he was excellent.
As has been said we don't know what has been said or agreed between Dan and the club but its difficult to think he would just be allowed to leave without an offer being made or something done to reassure and retain him.
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

Receives unnecessary flak in my view,covers different positions and gives is all.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

No one can doubt Sarge's effort/enthusiasm even if we think he has his limitations as a top class centre. He's a good back up fullback too. However, I assume his main problem is that he is on a good contract after returning from the NRL and we're trying to make savings to free space for others. I'd assume that he's on more now than when he left for the NRL but it's only my guess. At his age you can't blame him for moving on if we're offering less money and there is the added complication of him missing his family.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

yonmon wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 am Receives unnecessary flak in my view,covers different positions and gives is all.
Given the state of our squad, that isn't good enough. Cannot afford too many of these.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

Two big props,a hard running second rower and a hooker that can scoot.Then you can start to look at the backs !!!....not many teams win with a beaten pack.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

yonmon wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:42 pm Two big props,a hard running second rower and a hooker that can scoot.Then you can start to look at the backs !!!....not many teams win with a beaten pack.
We need a good hooker not one that can scoot. First and foremast he must have great distribution and vision.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:59 pm
yonmon wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:42 pm Two big props,a hard running second rower and a hooker that can scoot.Then you can start to look at the backs !!!....not many teams win with a beaten pack.
We need a good hooker not one that can scoot. First and foremast he must have great distribution and vision.
Agree 100% sefc.
Martin Dermott springs to mind.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

bertina wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:52 pm
Agree 100% sefc.
The best for me.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
pedro

Post by pedro »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:39 pm
bertina wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:52 pm

Agree 100% sefc.
The best for me.
I think Newton was the best, had it all, best broken field hooker ive seen
Wes

Post by Wes »

bertina wrote:
Agree 100% sefc.
Be a bit too old now, we need a quality hooker mid to late 20’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro