Why doesn’t Lam pick Escaré??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EagleEyePie

Re: Why doesn’t Lam pick Escaré??

Post by EagleEyePie »

Sarginson had a good game and Hankinson's goalkicking and defence proved very effective. Why is it such a terrible thing that Lam didn't pick Escare? Surely those players he selected playing well is vindication for the selection decision.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Is Hankinson the next Pat Richards goal kicking centre surprise? Conversions from opposite touchlines never looked like missing.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Sublime kicking. Didn't look like missing at all.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Talking to some one connected to the club and i am informed Escare has a bad attitude to training and did not turn up this week to train so reason not picked & was a good close friend of the Hammer
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well it looks like we've found a kicker! I don't think Hank is much of an attacking centre, but he defends well, and is worth a place for his goal-kicking on this form. Sarge did next to nothing wrong at full-back, and I'd be quite content to see him stay there.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:29 pm Talking to some one connected to the club and i am informed Escare has a bad attitude to training and did not turn up this week to train so reason not picked & was a good close friend of the Hammer
Not that i condone players not turning up to training but if you where Escare and no matter what you did you aren't getting played then why bother.

Its not just the not playing they arnt even putting him out on lone they are just destroying his career by keeping him on the books and not playing him anywhere.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I’ve bagged Lam this season but he got it right tonight.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

We played a tight match with one less player than the opposition through choice.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:37 am I’ve bagged Lam this season but he got it right tonight.
Did he?

If we take away Clubs no try we won on penalty kicks, Leeds aren't great and we still look lost when on the line.

We desperately need some dangerous attack players on the field.

There was some positives though, apart from a soft try Defence was much better, Hankinson 's kicking was a pleasant surprise and as we are losing games on close margins i would put him in the squad for this alone and hopefully Farrell showed some of his detractors how good and important to the side he is.. played 80 mins was everywhere in defence making some brilliant reads and added to our go forward. Setting up partington's try nicely as well.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan coach Adrian Lam:

"It's a really important win. There was a fair bit of pressure on us and the players understood that. We knew it would go down to the wire so we prepped for that.

"I'm pretty proud of the team. To be able to win these tight games at this time of the year is credit to the players.

"The first half, bar the last error, was probably our best of the season. It was more like the team we wanted to be.

"Morgan Escare should have been in there but we needed a goalkicker and Chris Hankinson is probably our best one-on-one defender as well."

now i would have been perfectly happy with that reason if we hadn't put Sammut on the bench and not used him 😂
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.