Kallum Watkins to exit Leeds Rhinos and join up with NRL’s Gold Coast Titans in July

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Kallum Watkins to exit Leeds Rhinos and join up with NRL’s Gold Coast Titans in July

Post by josie andrews »

LEEDS RHINOS captain Kallum Watkins has signed for NRL club Gold Coast Titans and will join them on July 1.

Watkins told Rhinos’ players after last night’s 23-14 defeat against Wigan Warriors at Emerald Headingley.

His final game for Leeds will be the home clash with Catalans Dragons on Sunday, June 30.

Rhinos had already confirmed the England centre would leave the club at the end of the current season, but have agreed to release him early after Titans offered a long-term contract.

Watkins said: “I am excited to be going to the Titans and the new challenge for me and my family. It has all happened so quickly, but my focus for now is on helping the Rhinos climb the table.”

Rhinos chief executive Gary Hetherington added: “When we announced Kallum would be leaving at the end of the season, given his long and outstanding service to the club, it was agreed that if a long-term opportunity arose we would release him sooner and his departure gives us flexibility within the salary cap this season to strengthen our squad if the right player becomes available.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9823749
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Re: Kallum Watkins to exit Leeds Rhinos and join up with NRL’s Gold Coast Titans in July

Post by Barney841 »

Hope kallum goes well over there. To be honest I can’t see it, he hasn’t been great over here for the last couple of seasons. Think injuries haven’t taken his toll on him
fozzieskem

Re: Kallum Watkins to exit Leeds Rhinos and join up with NRL’s Gold Coast Titans in July

Post by fozzieskem »

I can see him being back pronto to be honest his form is rank at present and to go over mid season is a big ask

Hope I’m wrong though