Can we finish in the Top 5?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

Will we make the top 5??

Poll ended at Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 36

ancientnloyal

Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by ancientnloyal »

We are, somehow, only 2 points off fifth so can miracles happen?

And what a story if we are GF winners!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by medlocke »

If we make it to the GF and win it does that mean Lam is a good coach and certain fans will admit it and praise him :D
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Yes, we can finish 5th or even 4th. From memory, we've won 5 of our last 7 league games, whilst teams like Wakefield, Salford and Cas are fading after good starts.

What chance of us getting to GF? 1000 to 1 at best.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If we win the GF under Lam, I would be delighted, and would certainly put my hand up and admit I was completely wrong. However, anyone who detects a coach knowing what he is doing hasn’t been paying attention.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Win the next three and yes, we could make 5th. Lose 1 and we're round 6th to 8th, Lose 2 and we're in the relegation battle.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
bertina

Post by bertina »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:27 pm Yes, we can finish 5th or even 4th. From memory, we've won 5 of our last 7 league games, whilst teams like Wakefield, Salford and Cas are fading after good starts.

What chance of us getting to GF? 1000 to 1 at best.
Hardly 1000/1 Morley. bookies are only offering between 12/1 and 14/1 for us to win it. !!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I suppose this is what the powers that be want an open competition but let’s be fair Wigan’s form and performance all season it’d be a travesty if they made the top 5 let alone win the GF
jao711

Post by jao711 »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 am I suppose this is what the powers that be want an open competition but let’s be fair Wigan’s form and performance all season it’d be a travesty if they made the top 5 let alone win the GF
Would it be a travesty if Cas Make the top 5 having so far won one more game than Wigan,or even Catalan both showing patchy form.If you get enough points you deserve the place.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jao711 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:14 am
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 am I suppose this is what the powers that be want an open competition but let’s be fair Wigan’s form and performance all season it’d be a travesty if they made the top 5 let alone win the GF
Would it be a travesty if Cas Make the top 5 having so far won one more game than Wigan,or even Catalan both showing patchy form.If you get enough points you deserve the place.
Is that down to the comp it’s self,I think the standard across the board has been abysmal,no beginnings? don’t make me laugh
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:50 am
jao711 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:14 am
Is that down to the comp it’s self,I think the standard across the board has been abysmal,no beginnings? don’t make me laugh
The same standard that the NRL are pilloring our ranks for across the comp with a record number of SL players plying their trade over there ! And that's on top of some players who choose to stay here.
A record number of League coaches being poached by the rival code, to spice up their game is not an indication our game is "abysmal".
I think some League fans really excel in decrying the very sport they are supposed to love; I've never heard union fans criticize or chastise their game like some on here do.
I took a friend, Liverpool supporter, to a game at the DW last season and he said he couldn't understand all the wingeing from people throughout the 80 !!
Just go with your mates/family, have a pint and enjoy it. It won't kill you.